Bad Guy Beware! !!! Graveexotics/Alex graves /possibly Alex may - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #11
LauraB
Here it is, but looks like your wife has already posted her own warning. Excellent!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rareanduncommonreptiles

Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #12
LauraB
Also, a quick search also shows that the Dirt Road address you posted is a mobile home park, called Country Acres Mobile Home Community @ (417) 624-7759. Here is their FB page. You might call and inquire about Alex Graves. There are a couple by that name in Joplin in their 20's. (I'm still digging, lol)

Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 PM   #13
LauraB
sheesh, forgot the mobile home FB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Count...15769898445341

Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #14
jaybol7
I did all that too. Lol. I appreciate the help. You really don't know how grateful I am to see so many people willing to help. Really means alot

Old 09-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #15
jaybol7
I even checked all the local tattoo shops to see if any had an alex graves doing tattoos there. The closest I found was an alex may at one of them. I saved all the information. I'm really considering getting together with a couple of my guys from the fugitive enforcement division of the nypd and taking a little weekend trip to good old joplin Missouri!

Old 09-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #16
tlmoon
He picked the wrong guy to steal from! Good luck in getting your iguana back....It sucks that people do stuff like this. I'm glad you posted so that others are aware and can spread the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-23-2015, 12:05 AM   #17
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybol7 View Post
I even checked all the local tattoo shops to see if any had an alex graves doing tattoos there. The closest I found was an alex may at one of them. I saved all the information. I'm really considering getting together with a couple of my guys from the fugitive enforcement division of the nypd and taking a little weekend trip to good old joplin Missouri!
If you're able to coordinate with the local PD it would be great. Being retired LEO is perfect. If you're able to successfully resolve this, it would be awesome if you were able to provide advice and connections to others. Unfortunately the means to track and recover are mostly out of reach to the regular "Joe Schmoes" on this forum, and local law enforcement often feels unapproachable at best. If you read a lot of these threads, the guilty parties are often rarely if ever held accountable.

Good luck with everything!

Old 09-23-2015, 12:23 AM   #18
jaybol7
I don't read it often, but now that it has happened to me, I know it's a shitty reason, but I will definitely start reading more often. And if I can help in any way, I'd be more then happy to. I know local law enforcement think of it as BS. But, when you're talking hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars, it kinda means alot. Just that the average local law enforcement officers don't really know much or care much about these types of pets or breeders. If it's not cats and dogs they could care less nor do they even understand. I am personal friends with the chief of the NYPD. We use to play hockey together for a long time. He was in charge or the fugitive enforcement division and a few guys that were on the team are still in it. Trust me, if I really wanted this guy, he'd be found. I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not. Reason being if I do find the guy, first thing is I'm gonna want to beat him pretty badly, lol. So I'm not sure it's worth going to jail over.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:29 AM   #19
jaybol7
If you do have any questions or concerns, especially here in NY, I'd be glad to help in anyway I can and also give whatever advice I can to you or fellow herpers on this forum. For you, my number is 8454679916. As I said, should this happen again to another (which unfortunately I'm sure it's gonna), feel free to contact me and I can try and pull some strings wherever I can to point you in the right direction.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:33 AM   #20
jaybol7
Thanks again everyone. Appreciate all the help and support. I'm here to help in any way I can. We need to stick together. It's the only way we can overcome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!