Exotic Pets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #1
Burma Boy
Exotic Pets

Have been viewing the ads for Exotic Pets...has a 914 area code, so they/he is in Westchester Cty. NY.
Has lots of good stuff, good prices.
Has my interest, but does anyone know this person/ seller?
I've been burned before with Internet herp sales, and I wont be making that mistake again anytime soon
If anyone has any info, please share.
Thanks

Old 05-02-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
BriarpatchHerps
Ken Foose-Exotic Pets

There is an "Exotic Pets" located and operated in Las Vegas Nevada by a stand up gentleman named Ken Foose. His ads are typically ran on Kingsnake.

The only reason I post this is NOT to degrade the "Exotic Pets" you mention but to make everyone aware of the identical name so the two aren't confused on good guy/bad guy posts.

As a chance to give Ken Foose credit for his hard work, you will not find a person more willing to help you problem solve or locate animals. His dedication to animal superiority and customer service far exceeds anyones expectations.

Good luck on your transactions with the other "Exotic Pets", if inquiries seem uneffective due to lack of or mixed messages with Kens site I would suggest asking the companys owner for a list of reputable references you can check with. If you haven't heard of their references, do a search on them and/or ask those people for references. I realize this may seem excessive but a little typing may save you several hundred or several thousand dollars.

Old 05-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #3
Burma Boy
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=39&de=207970

This is a current ad. And no...this is definitely not the Las Vegas Exotic Pets.
Are code 914, ia a New York Area code. But thanks for the comeback.
And all searches for Exotic Pets, included a lot of posts by Ken Foose.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:32 AM   #4
Crested12
Actually i had a bad experience w/exotic pets from Las Vegas. We had finalized a trade for a pair of gargoyles for a pair of hognose snakes and when i called back a few days later to get shipping info he had sold the female out from under me. _Ben Hoksch

Old 05-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
BriarpatchHerps
I can honestly see that mistake happening, reason being Ken runs a nice sized shop, travels a bit and has a half dozen or so employees. It's very possible a tank was cleaned and the sold label moved ect ect......things slip thru the cracks when multiple people are involved. Did he make it right with you would be my number one question?

Old 05-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #6
Seamus Haley
Ken's phone numbers in Vegas all start with the 702 area code, so it's certainly not him... Plus I believe his KS handle is ExoticPetsLV or Exotic Pets Las Vegas... he's been around long enough to reccognize a fairly common name and makes certain to distinguish himself in the national market (Locally is a different story, as he's had people trying to steal some of his decade plus success by snatching his name).

I've opened this thread a few times myself thinking it might be about the shop in Vegas and ready to start stacking on the praise for the business, the animals and the ethics but refrained until someone else brought it up. While it's not the direction the original poster wanted the thread to go and I do sincerely hope he can get the information he needs, someone running a search might check only one or two threads and I wouldn't want Ken to miss out.

I really don't know the specifics of the trade situation, but I think it's always important for people to understand who they are dealing with in any given situation. Ken's business is primarily a retail operation, the internet sales are a tiny supplemental fraction of what he sells- basically it's possible for someone to sell an animal in the shop between the time Ken last saw it and the time he (or Kim) respond to an email. I hung around his shop fairly frequently when I was briefly living in Vegas, watched the way he and his staff conduct business... There's no way he would ethically back out of a confirmed deal and sell an animal from under someone IF it REALLY was confirmed AND everything was happening as it should (communication or shipping wise) with any sort of intention to jerk someone around... It just means his sales staff was hard at work and there was an unfortunate quirk of timing.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:39 PM   #7
Crested12
Not really, there was nothing he could do about it. he didn't have any other females so i wasn't interested in a lone male when i already had one.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM   #8
turtlepimp
Back to the original thread.Exotis pets is the latest incarnation of my favorite dirtbag,Prem Avanti.I admin Turtletimes,and no one has given us more grief over junk,late,wrong,dead animals.I banned at least 10 ip's on him,but he just seems to come back in a different flavor.

STAY AWAY

Just a little friendly advise

Andy Sury aka..The TurtlePimp

Old 05-04-2004, 11:10 PM   #9
herpetological
Hey Andy.......good heads up. If anyone searches under Prem Advani you can see just one of the problems i've had with him.......Owes me big time for open accounts!!!!!!!!!!!! I got one shipment from him......rest were sold to him. Not one time did it go right. Any news on where I can (nail) get ahold of him!!!??? (If this guy were shipping carbon 14 it would break down before he could get it to you!!) Sorry if if don't get that one......isotopes...LOL's!!

Old 05-07-2004, 05:41 AM   #10
Ken Foose
Ben, I'm sorry for the mixup on the gecko/hog nose trade. I do have a very nice pair of hognose, the same old male, and a very nice new female, if you are still interested in swapping. Sorry it took so long to respond, I was out of town, death in the family. It is not my intent to sell anything out from under anyone, but a lot of stuff comes and goes around my place pretty fast sometimes, and mix ups happen.

I don't know exactly who the other "Exotic Pets" is, but I do know that there seems to be at least one Exotic Pets in every state now days. I know there are two of them right here in Vegas lol. I have heard some bad things about the one that has been posted about on this thread, and it does bother me that they seem to have such a bad reputation, and the sometimes mixing up of our businesses.

Just for the passing of information, the other "Exotic Pets" (actually called Exotic Petstop) here in town has copied my tv commercials, my phone book ad, my phone #, and has done just about everything they can to confuse the public between the two of us. And to really top it off, they have taken on a new partner, name of Tim Rainwater! Will wonders ever cease? Good luck to us all, take care

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!