Bad Guy Tommy Munoz - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
pneuke
Exclamation Tommy Munoz

Recently, in January, I purchased what was supposed to be four female ornate curly tail lizards from Tommy Munoz at Rockabirdie reptiles. When they arrived, I saw that I in fact had two males and two females, all young, thin, dehydrated and a couple had lost or regenerating tails. not a huge deal, but I paid almost twice market value for them,($175 shipping inc) expecting to get exactly what I asked for. When I contacted him about it, he wasn't sure about his mistake, and said to give them a couple weeks, in order for them to mature a bit and to know for certain, which I said sure, thinking he would make it right. after a couple weeks, I contacted him, and told him I would like to purchase a male usambara three horned chameleon and another curlytail, to try to balance the group out, he took my money, ($230-150 for cham, 30 for curly tail which should have been free, 50 for shipping) a couple days later I also sent a payment of $150 for the female chameleon, so I would have a breeding pair. he at first used the weather as an excuse not to ship, but he lives in southern California, and I live in Arizona, so it wasn't intolerable, I simply took him at his word and thought he knew best when to ship. after three weeks of asking about shipping, and getting excuses, then being virtually ignored on the last week, I asked for a refund. That is when it all went bad. He offered to ship the very same day I asked for the refund, and said he would include some extra curly tail females, but by this point, my trust was gone, and I simply wanted to be done with the failed transaction. He told me he didn't have the funds in his account to give me a refund, but that he should have it by the end of this past weekend( which would have been Sunday, Feb. 21st, 2016. Instead, he posted more ads in order to try to sell the very chameleons he hasn't shipped, in order to get the funds to pay me! I felt this was very insulting. I had no other choice but to file a claim with paypal, which he said he would refund by yesterday, but once again has failed to do so. I believe he is going to take as long as he wants to reimburse my money, and I would warn others to be cautious when dealing with him. everything was fine as long as I accepted his excuses and didn't question, but as soon as I gave up and asked for a refund, he didn't care or respond well. I will update as things progress. I have all of our communications, as does he, and they will verify everything I have said.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Lucille
Mike
Do not close your claim with Paypal until you have cash in hand.

I'm sorry this happened. Please include the emails.
Although this does not in any way excuse a bad transaction, next time an order received is not what you ordered, I suggest resolve that issue first prior to sending more money.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
JButera
Thomas Munoz has some mixed reviews here, go with Lucille's advice. I'm surprised this happen tbh, he seems like a decent seller and a reasonable man. Anyway don't sweat it too much, from what I've read he does try to make things right for his customers. I doubt you'll get burned further.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:54 AM   #4
Rockabirdie
Mike purchased some LTC schneibersii from me. 4 females. They were all in great condition, except for minor stubs, and regrow, which is common for imports. Females are also much harder to come by than males. Mike received them, and said I had sent him one female, and the rest males. I told him, I'm pretty sure he is mistaken. It's pretty hard to mix the two up. He sent me pics, and I sent him pics of what males should look like. He agreed I may be right. I asked him to hold onto them, and in a few weeks after watching behavior, if he still thought they were males, I would send him more no problem. He agreed.

Mike, also inquired about a male Deremensis chameleon I had. He decided to purchase. 4-5 days later, he purchased the female. Yes, I'm in California, and he is in Arizona. Anyone in this area knows we have had crazy cold, and crazy hot weather back to back. I was in communication the whole time, except for ONE day, which I was sick. Although agreeing that weather was an issue this whole time, Mike all the sudden felt he was being ripped off. He demanded, a refund. I informed Mike that I did not have the funds in PayPal, I had transferred them to my bank which takes 3-5 business days. I told him it would be by the end of the weekend. I have not had the funds in PayPal as of yet. Which is totally my fault on that part. I have no intention on ripping anyone off.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
Rockabirdie
[/quote]
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #6
JButera
Mike- Any chance of getting some current pics of those ornates? If they're long term captives they'll be sexual mature by now and that species's sexually dimorphic.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #7
Rockabirdie
Screenshots

screenshots
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
Rockabirdie
screenshots

screenshots
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
Rockabirdie
Screenshots

screenshots
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
Cropping the screenshots might help make them legible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!