US to UK? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
cornman1979
US to UK?

Does anyone ship from the US to the UK or know anyone that does?

Old 01-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
DAND
From what I understand it is very costly. I believe Rich does.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Corey Woods
I'll ship to the UK. I'm located in Canada though.........and mainly work with Ball Pythons. CITES export permits take anywhere from 7-14 days to complete.

Regards,
Corey Wods

Old 01-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
cornman1979
Thanks both of you, Dand do you mean Rick Z? (sorry new to fauna, but have seen Rick Z posting on corndnakes.com, i also presume your the same Dand off that forum).

Old 01-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornman1979
Thanks both of you, Dand do you mean Rick Z? (sorry new to fauna, but have seen Rick Z posting on corndnakes.com, i also presume your the same Dand off that forum).
Yep, AKA Webslave here and as you probably know Rich Z on Cornsnakes.com.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 AM   #6
KathyLove
I have shipped corns to London several times.

Although Delta is cheaper, it goes to the wrong airport(Gatwick) and it is often problematical getting the shipment to Heathrow where it can be inspected by their Fish and Wildlife people. Sometimes your shipment could end up getting sent back to you. So I have used British Airway, even though they are pretty expensive.

You also need a US Import / Export License ($50) and also pay a US inspection fee ($55, I think). Plus freight, broker fees if you use one, and some fees on the European side. It can get pretty expensive. It would be more complicated if you were sending animals that need CITES or other permits - corns are relatively easy, but still a hassle and expensive.

Good luck!

Old 01-07-2005, 06:39 AM   #7
cornman1979
I knew it was going to be costly, but looking at it it might be a little out of my finances to import. Thanks goes to everyone who has replied.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:47 AM   #8
DAND
Lightbulb Here is an idea...

You could see if there was someone else who would want to get something too and you could split the costs.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
KathyLove
If it is a big enough order, it can be worth it. You have to be able to add the costs on to the order. But the buyer will only be willing to pay if the order is big enough so that the added fees are in balance with the cost of the animals. Sometimes the buyer might be able to come up with some friends who will add more to the shipment and split all of the shipping charges between them. The fees will not change much whether you send 1 baby corn or 100 baby corns.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #10
cornman1979
I'll ask around and see if anyone else want to order (i am looking fo a 1.3 corn setup for my exsisting collection). but if i can find 1 or 2 other who are willing to order a couple each it should work out financially.

Kathy what are the rhino snakes like, i've not seen any before apart from your site? And have any of you got any 01-02 super amel males and any blodred, aztec, Hypolavenders or candycane female's available? I want to try somehing differant.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!