www.thoseanimalguys.com Warning!!!! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #141
jennayoung99
i would just like to point out that this tread is supposed to be about thoseanimalguys so maybe we can back on topic. i would like to know if anyone has any real information on how this is being handled, or any updates at all.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #142
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99
i would just like to point out that this tread is supposed to be about thoseanimalguys so maybe we can back on topic. i would like to know if anyone has any real information on how this is being handled, or any updates at all.

That following was posted by Mark, in this thread, two days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus9699
Once again, I want to personally thank everyone for their support through this rough time. As far as I know, the thieves are now out on probation and are not allowed to have any contact with animals.

Sincerely,

Mark

Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #143
BryonsBoas
Bobby , I like ya bro but some days I can't help but shake my head and wonder what your putting in your rootbeer floats.

With a little research you will find that Non-Profits are legally allowed to pay salaries. If they weren't , how long do you think they would stay operational from just donated time? Not every non-profit can benefit from Hollywood actors , rock stars and the wealthy who make millions doing other things and have spare time they can donate for free. In fact , just to have some actors or musicians to show up , the non-profits have to pay a fee for their appearance.

While you may see things differently , we see you turning the victim into a bad guy over nothing except you seeing things the way you want to see them. If Mark is able to rescue animals and pull a few bucks to take care of his family and keep the doors open for more unwanted animals , how is that bad? Its better than the rescues that have the owners working full time jobs , sometimes 2 jobs just to keep from drowning.

Truth be told , Mark paying himself a few bucks to do the rescue full time is great. It means his distractions and time away from caring for the animals is minimal compared to those that work a job + try to run a rescue. The paycheck doesn't mean his love for animals is any less than ours. I kind of see it as Mark truly loves his animals if he is willing to do the rescue full time for what pay he does get , which I'd guess varies from month to month.

If the problem is the amount of the adoption fees he asks for , ask him what his overhead is or what licenses he may have to renew each year. You or others may not agree with the amounts but ask yourself how long you can keep the doors open to take in animals in need if your adoption fee was $15 - 25 a head. Keep in mind that not all animals coming in the door are just underfed or neglected. From watching posts from folks that do this for years , a great deal of those animals that rescues take in require Vet care & meds. Gets expensive after awhile.

Back on topic .....

Good that they are not allowed to have contact with animals. Mark , even tho the last few days weren't the greatest here , please keep us updated on any changes with those 3.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #144
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Bobby, this aint about you. What you do or how you make a living.

I have not seen any indication that Mark is wallowing in excess. I called around to some folks I trust and everything about Mark came back as Mark being nothing but an upstanding honest guy. You act like Mark is getting rich doing this which could not be further from the truth.

Speaking of truth, are you not on this crusade because a fellow rescue in Michigan came crying to you about him? And the person who runs this other rescue is a good friend of yours? You are blinded by your loyalty to this friend Bobby and you are not looking at this in a fair and unbiased manner.

That is my take on this.
Wow there is a thought...who is this other rescue...Pm it to me or post it here....Ya also said the loyalty thing here...and I would be wrong if I wasn't loyal to Mark as a friend.... and even as a friend I would oust him as a fraud if he were such, or a whiney lil-$@%&*! if he were such. Friendship is all fine and dandy but right is right and wrong is wrong.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #145
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Apple
Wow there is a thought...who is this other rescue...Pm it to me or post it here....Ya also said the loyalty thing here...and I would be wrong if I wasn't loyal to Mark as a friend.... and even as a friend I would oust him as a fraud if he were such, or a whiney lil-$@%&*! if he were such. Friendship is all fine and dandy but right is right and wrong is wrong.
John,

If I feel the need to name this other rescue/person I will.

And yes, Bobby is a good friend of mine. But my sense of right and wrong is not blinded by any friendship or family relationship. If you are right I will back you all the way. If you are in the wrong I will battle you all the way. And in this case Bobby is sooooo wrong that it flat out disgusts me and I am fully prepared to battle him all the way on this one.

Sadly, what it all boils down to is Bobby dont approve of some of the things/ways Mark does to run his rescue and the fact Mark might give himself a small salary from the rescue. So he is out to try to destroy Mark's reputation simply because Mark dont meet Bobby's standards of what Bobby feels a rescue should be and how it should be ran. Not because he has any kind of proof that Mark is a bad guy in any way.

Which is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard and truly has me pissed off and questioning Bobby as a person and his ethics. I did not realize everyone had to live life to "the world according to Bobby". Bobby cant find a single unethical thing on Mark, yet is hellbent on trying to destroy the guy. I have plain went off on Bobby in both email and the phone today.... but everything I have to say, nicely or yelling and cursing and all attempts at reason and common sense are falling on deaf ears where Bobby is concerned. I am truly disgusted and disappointed in him.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #146
John Apple
I am curious...and yes I would have paid them a visit just to see the operation...No crap starting at all...hell I might even know them or them me.
Sam I don't think I questioned your friendship with varney...hell I get angry with my friends sometimes...it helps keep us all focused.
As far as the idiot thieves, lets hope someone catches them hitting a rat with their car.
man time to exercise

Old 09-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #147
John Apple
Mid Michigan Reptile Rescue
Jane Billette
This is Varney's friend...Met in Florida alledgedly
Why did they start this...lessee here
Professional jealousy...who knows
Mad on the death of the torts that Mark made sure they got back...tragic here really tragic...don't be mad at Mark..be mad at the damn theives that stole them and compromised the health
Is this varney palying the silverback gorilla to another female....who knows
Or as an animal rescue that they are...what are the motivations here...From what I have dug up not the animals....all these feelings should be focused on the future and to make sure they [theives] never do this again

My thoughts are this....All rescues should be COMMUNICATING between each other...ya know sharing information on health and husbandry of ALL animals....working together in harmony for the animals Not working against each other or focussing anger on a possible ally...
Look a lot of folks got ripped off by these theives, a lot of hearts were broke and a lot of animals perished. FOCUS on them

Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #148
littleindiangirl
Angry Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klocke09
well then I am sure you would be glad to hear that Julie is out and I think the other guy ( not adam ) is out on bail.
Your still defending them? Do you understand what they did?

We don't put their character on trial, but their actions. You can sit there and say they are nice people and such, but they have broken the law, and gotten off lighter than I think they should have.

They stole, abused animals and destroyed peoples lively hood.

I hope they stay away from all animal functions in Michigan, and god forbid I meet one of these criminals in person.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #149
kmurphy
Quote:
Your still defending them? Do you understand what they did?

We don't put their character on trial, but their actions. You can sit there and say they are nice people and such, but they have broken the law, and gotten off lighter than I think they should have.

They stole, abused animals and destroyed peoples lively hood.

I hope they stay away from all animal functions in Michigan, and god forbid I meet one of these criminals in person.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #150
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Connie, don't you realize it is not polite to confuse everyone with an on-topic post in the middle of an off-topic thread.
Heh Heh...when it got down to it the chips were thrown in the wind...the theives are likely laughing thier thieving asses off...when it gets down to it they are killers and have done got away with murder

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!