Jungle and pastel? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
myksbs
Jungle and pastel?

Hello all,

I'm Fairly new to boa morphs, and was looking for some info on the jungle and pastel boas. I've seen ads for jungles that look like normals to me. Is there a certin charastic that makes them a jungle? And same question with pastels. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
chasebaker5
jungles are iffy to a lot of people.... some look exactly like normals and throw babies that are unbelieveable.... a lot of people like jungles to inhance the color, and to add stripes....

Pastels, some people believe in the some dont... its a selective bred animals say most but there are known lines of pastels.. my favorite is the pastel dream line..

Old 06-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
myksbs
Ok, thanks for the reply. I have a hypo harlequin male, and trying to find something different to put with him. I'll keep doing my research.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
myksbs
I also have a "pastel" female that I picked up on a trade. If anyone would be willing to take a look, I could email some pics of her. Can't post pics on here because my only source if internet is my phone.

Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
chasebaker5
email me some, chasebaker5@yahoo.com

thats just my opinion on them, everyone has their views.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
myksbs
Email sent

Old 06-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
chasebaker5
really nice looking, i mean IMHO i would just call it a nice normal. look at the pastel dreams and other pastel lines. you can tell a huge difference

Old 06-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
JCCS
Jeremiah, jungles are an extremely variable trait, even more so than other boa traits. The outlining of the saddles and chocolaty color of the saddles is one good marker, another is the golden background hue. there are many others, and it is just a matter of looking at a lot of boas to get a feeling for what you're looking at. Some jungles are very obvious, and some are basically normal in appearance.

Chase, the different lines of pastel boas are just that, bloodlines of selectively bred boas. Just because someone calls it a line, doesn't mean it's any more genetic than any other pastel. The lines are just used to differentiate between individual breeder's work, basically.

Chris

Old 06-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
myksbs
Thanks for the info! This girl I have is very light in color, she was traded to me as a pastel. I'm keeping her either way, prolly put her with my hypo harly in a couple years and see what she does with the hypo gene. wish I could post pics if her and him...anyone know how to post pics from an i phone?

Thanks

Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
some people tend to call any high colored normal a pastel. Others call 'pastel' an overall reduction in black pigment (which means underlying colors show through more but doesn't always mean a high colored animal).

Jeff Ronne wrote up his definition (reduction in black), link to his history of the pastel dream (which is one of his lines of pastel)
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/boa...bian-boas.html

Here's a thread from this forum where it was discussed:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=134016&page=2

and here is a discussion about jungles:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=244173

hope those links help!
-April

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!