Need some help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
Metachrosis
how cute,now you play the victim card
then confirm your true intentions of "future sales"
Knew I had it right from the get . . . .

best of luck,no doubt

Old 06-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
the gecko geek
Sheesh....its called sarcasm, which apparently you don't know the real definition of.
And yes, I do plan to sell the babies when they reproduce. Do you expect me to keep all 20 something offspring? Is that what you do? God forbid I sell an animal. I'm not in this for money. Have you seen what I sell my geckos for? People are selling the same things as mine for at least double what I am. Especially for some of the genetics involved.

I actually have a passion for them.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
mxracer4life
Regardless of how the OP may have made it sound, try not to be so harsh. This is the kind of stuff that people off and creates un-necessary conflict. We all were in her shoes at some time.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #14
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gecko geek View Post
Sheesh....its called sarcasm, which apparently you don't know the real definition of.
And yes, I do plan to sell the babies when they reproduce. Do you expect me to keep all 20 something offspring? Is that what you do? God forbid I sell an animal. I'm not in this for money. Have you seen what I sell my geckos for? People are selling the same things as mine for at least double what I am. Especially for some of the genetics involved.

I actually have a passion for them.
If you ever have any questions, pm me.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
George J. Ward
This decision also depends on your intent? Reproduction for future in selling your clutches or just personal hobby! When looking into the breeding for selling,please dig deeper to see how many other people have or had your same idea that is being run into the ground just like the ball python blowout,everybody jumped on the same bandwagon.Look at your cpoetition and the current pricing and go to a major breeders expo.Easier to see what you really like/want and you can get a better idea of what is going on out there in this vast market.Haste makes waste and definetly look into additional literature for more info toassist you,knowing you species helps.!!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
the gecko geek
Thanks for the help Jeremy. I will pm you if I have any questions.

And George, My intent is to breed because it is a personal hobby. I love reptiles and have always loved snakes, but there were many obstacles in my way that prevented me from getting any in the past. I have gotten to a point where now I can have them, and I want to get into them. I'm not talking about going full blown commercial breeding. Like I said in my last post, I'm not in this hobby for the money. I'm in it to produce some amazing animals and share them with others that are currently in the business, or new comers that want a nice looking pet.
Trust me, I didn't just see a cool looking snake and say, I'm gonna breed snakes. I know it doesn't work that way.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #17
George J. Ward
Hey Jeremy,By the way that is my sons name.Yeah bro if that is the case please get the chance to hit one of the breeder expos. You will get much better slection and better prices that are more reasonable for your intent. Also this way you get to see what you are buying,not just some animal that was said to be what it is and you get something other than what you ordered. If you happen to go to one of the expos or one is coming close to where you live.If or when you are there you can call me to see if the dealers you are observing are of quality profession and quality animals.I have done many of the expos here,Ohio,Virginia,Pa.,Md. I'm here to help> Thanx Geo!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
the gecko geek
Well my name is Jordan. But yes. I am going to the Reptile Super Show in San Diego on the 18th. And actually there is a guy in my town that breeds boas and he has some very good quality animals. I have seen all the animals he has and works with and they are top notch. I think that actually getting to see the animal in person is my favorite part about the shows. That is my favorite part about it. And thanks for your help! That is my favorite part about people in the reptile world. Almost everyone is more than willing to help out. I will definitely give you a call if I need any help.
If you want you can pm me your number.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 AM   #19
the gecko geek
Just got my first boa today!!! A male albino het snow. Np pics yet but soon they will be up!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!