Reputable breeder to buy from - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-21-2006, 03:21 AM   #1
D's Girl
Reputable breeder to buy from

I'm looking to buy my second iguana. Had one when I was in high school... bad idea. Had no idea what I was doing. Luckily at that time I had enough sense to realize that and gave it to someone who did.
Now 28, I'm looking into purchasing a new one. Luckily I still have my cage (4'x2'x4'). Some thing to start a hatchling in, and then I eventually want to graduate him/her into a Amazon Water Basin cage from J's World.
Right now I'm concerned about a good breeder to purchase an iguana from. Can anyone help me? I'm in Chicago and would rather not go through a pet store where they have been lumped together so many times in their journey to the pet store. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
have you considered a rock iguana instead?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Junkyard
Check out the classified section here, there are a few up for sale Iguana Classifieds

I would hold off on spending too much money on a different species of iguana until after you have developed some experience with a green iguana. There are so many of green iguanas out there you are better off learning with one of those first and it will not cut into your pocket book just to buy one.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
Have you considered rescuing an iguana? There are so many unwanted iguanas that most of the reptile rescues have them... waiting for good homes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!