Inquiry US Global Exotics - Animal Condition - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
korthon
US Global Exotics - Animal Condition

Hey everyone,

I have done searchs on this, however I am not finding the answers I need.

I am involved in a neglect case here in WI, and the main source of the animals currently in my care are from US Global Exotics. The animals came to me from a local pet store.

As the case builds I am remembering things said at the time of surrender and am trying to get ducks in a row.

What I need is if anyone has received orders of animals from US Global in say the past two months, could you comment on the condition of the animals? Healthy, good weight? Mildly Dehydrated to be expected with shipment? Near death?

I am merely trying to cover all bases. Our rescue took custody of over 100 animals from a bad pet store here. I shall comment on it after the court trial is complete. Out of 118 animals we have lost 19 most with in the first few days. One of my concerns is in court he will attempt to shift blame to company and I want to know what I am dealing with.

US Global Exotics
Arlington TX.

Thank you
Cindy Steinle
Small Scale Reptile Rescue.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
jim0602
I have been to globals facility and have purchased many animals (many hundreds or even thousands). I have never seen any animals neglected but I have not paid that much attention. Every time I have been there I have witnessed many employees feeding, watering, and cleaning of animals. All caging was beyond adequate, turtles had clean water in tanks, tortoises had heat lamps, chameleons were in huge cages, and arboreal snakes were in large arboreal cages. I have had 1 shipment shipped to me that we had a problem with but it was a FedEx screw up. I’m sure there may be some behind the scenes issues but in 5 or 6 years I have dealt with them it has basically been 100% good. My question to you is how do you blame a supplier when you yourself call the pet shop a bad pet shop?? a perfect frog can go from perfect to dead over night, a perfect snake can get a respiratory infection overnight, a perfect tarantula can dry out and die overnight, and so on. I’m in no way saying what your shop had was perfect when they received them but if they had them very long you could/are possible barking up the wrong tree. You say US global was the main source. Why are you suing global only and not the rest of the suppliers also???
I have not purchased from them in a while but I would not hesitate to buy from them either hand picked or shipped in. They are I would say the best wholesaler in quality and care I have ever dealt with.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Abish
Jim, I think the pet store is getting sued and she is trying to find out about US Global Exotics because she is afraid Mr. Pet Store is going to try to place the blame on his suppliers.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
korthon
We are not suing anyone. The city is filing charges against the person that purchased from US Global. My reason for inquiry is that I am unfamiliar with US Global as a supplier and wanted to hear if people have received regular healthy stock. Due to comments that the owner of the store made, I wanted a bit of background on the conditions for reference.

It is not a case against US Global in any fashion. What I am trying to do is prepare for any excuses that the owner of the store may fashion for the conditions of the animals. I have opinions that basically the pet store owner took in shipment and left the animals in the shipping containers, however with the recent times on the shipment and the involuntary surrender of the animals I am concerned that he will attempt to shift blame. Which is why I am asking for opinions on the conditions of the animals. I want to know the health level of the animals.

As I run rescue, I am not very familiar with wholesalers. I am trying to cover all bases as we start moving towards charges and trials.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
korthon
Quote:
Originally Posted by korthon View Post
We are not suing anyone. The city is filing charges against the person that purchased from US Global. My reason for inquiry is that I am unfamiliar with US Global as a supplier and wanted to hear if people have received regular healthy stock. Due to comments that the owner of the store made, I wanted a bit of background on the conditions for reference.

It is not a case against US Global in any fashion. What I am trying to do is prepare for any excuses that the owner of the store may fashion for the conditions of the animals. I have opinions that basically the pet store owner took in shipment and left the animals in the shipping containers, however with the recent times on the shipment and the involuntary surrender of the animals I am concerned that he will attempt to shift blame. Which is why I am asking for opinions on the conditions of the animals. I want to know the health level of the animals.

As I run rescue, I am not very familiar with wholesalers. I am trying to cover all bases as we start moving towards charges and trials.
Forgot signature
Cindy Steinle
Small Scale Reptile Rescue

Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
korthon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish View Post
Jim, I think the pet store is getting sued and she is trying to find out about US Global Exotics because she is afraid Mr. Pet Store is going to try to place the blame on his suppliers.
Actually this isnt suing it is a criminal case of neglect.

Once the case is complete I will post on the pet store owner. At this point I am unable to do so.

Cindy Steinle

Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by korthon View Post
Forgot signature
Cindy Steinle
Sorry, but the name of the person posting has to match that of the account registered on this site. You need to straighten this up or this entire thread will be removed. Since registrations are FREE here, there is no excuse for a person having an account solely in their name to provide an accurate identity to the person making posts on the BOI.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
Ken Foose
I just made a purchase from US Global about a two weeks ago. For the most part everything was fine. I had one DOA clubtail iguana, which was misidentified on their price list, by the way. Within 3 days I lost 3 more, one of which came in with a very swollen leg. I also lost one Hedgehog that they sent me, and several others are on deaths door, but we should be able to bring them back to health with a lot of TLC and a lot of work. I've also had problems with them in the past. This was my first order with them in a very long time, but I really needed the Hedgehogs so I ordered and held my breath. All in all I'd say they are no better or worse then most other wholesalers out there.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
TurtlingSam
I have been buying animals from US Global for many years . Jasen and his staff are always very helpful. Being that they are a wholesaler of imported animals their quality has always been top notch for me. Anyone buying freshly imported animals should know that certain species may need special attention when they are received such as worming, soaking and most certainly quarantine. If you own a pet store and are displaying animals to the public you should know how to properly care for those animals and make sure that they are healthy. If they come in dehydrated and a little thin they should be treated and kept out of the publics' sight until they are healthy. People who display substandard animals to the public just add fuel to an already raging fire that depicts reptile owners as dirtbags.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!