too skinny or not? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
ShannanD25
too skinny or not?

browsing the classifieds, i came aross this-

for sale ad

Is it just me or are some of these dangerously skinny....or are we getting too used to overweight geckos?

Old 01-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
It's not you... those geckos are skinny. Two of them are dangerously skinny. What a shame.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
Ian S.
Danger!! Danger!! Mr. R obinson

Old 01-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
ShannanD25
i thought they were but figured I'd ask for opinions. At those weights, something has got to be wrong. I emailed the seller asking if theyhad been to the vet or if he knew what was wrong with them. I don't think they should be shipped at those weights as stress would probably finish them off...

Old 01-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
ByRandom
I saw those too. I found it quite ironic that the last two of the list were described as being "thin". The whole group is thin. I think that they may have just been over-bred. Seeing as they were proven twice. Although, I wouldn't purchase those animals with a $3,500 money order.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
snared99
3500 money order??? Sounds like a scam to me. I had someone that wanted to do a money order for 3500 for 200 in animals. Lucky enough i caught it as a scam. By the time you know what happened you are out alot of money. That large amount should be a red alarm. Where does it say 3500 though, I see $150 on the site.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
ByRandom
I was alluding to the scam. It doesn't say anywhere in the ad about a $3,500 money order.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
Supahypegex
I saw the ad and I'll be nonjudgmental and just say he should have posted each of there weights. I do however think it's wrong to make a topic saying (accusing) someone is selling sick geckos just by a picture without any real facts. isn't that defamation ?
there could be many reasons for under weight geckos not all of them being that they are sick, did they just get done breeding ?
were they in cool down and not eating alot ? I know a few of mine are just coming out of the cool down and are a little thin.

Just my opinion

Old 01-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
ShannanD25
There is a little thin, then there is way too thin....my breeders I have now have never looked like that, even after laying more then ten clutches. I just think that if someone is selling Leos, they should be at a healthy weight...especially when they are to be shipped...someone not knowing this could potentially buy that lot and be buying alot of problems....If it looks sickly thin, chances are it is....Offering up Leos that are that thin opens oneself up to criticism. Kinda like seling a deformed Leo for breeding...just something you should not do....

Old 01-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #10
BalloonzForU
Notice the strip albino listed is in the group picture and it's the same one in the single pic. Looks great in the single pic, but damn did it get skinny. How could some one let them get that skinny and then have the nerve to try to sell them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!