Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:03 AM   #31
MillenniumMorph
Kellih

Yes I did tell him I would return his money in full ...ONCE I SOLD THE ANIMAL...and he agreed. I never lied to him or changed my policy. Actually I did change my policy, I do not offer cash refunds, and made an exception with him, so I did change my policy in his favor.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:07 AM   #32
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillenniumMorph
I need to look again at the emails, but there were many phone converstaions regarding this deal. The first night I agreed to take payments over the course of 2 months he was fully aware that there would not be a cash refund available. I also discussed over the phone that I would ship toward the end of August or begining of September (after Daytona) and he was fine with it. That is why I do not inderstand where he is coming from asking for a refund. ( Which we agreed on giving him after we sold the animal, and he was ok with it)

I am confused
Adam, lets just try to end this quickly. In your email to Matt you offered a full refund with no mention of having to sell the snake first. That is what I am going by at this point as I have no way of knowing what was said over the phone.

#1 Have you sold the snake?

#2 Do you have the money right now to refund him?

#3 If you don't have the money are you willing to send a partial payment now and the rest at another predetermined date?

#4 If you have the money, regardless of whether you sold the snake yet or not. Giving the refund would end this transaction and show some real class and professionalism correct?

Old 10-18-2005, 02:11 AM   #33
Chris@TSE
"So once again I tried to do the right thing and told him that I would make an EXCEPTION to our company policy and refund his cash under one condition. That was that I would resell the animal and then give him his money. He was fine with that. Then he said that he waited long enough and that I should pay him his money."

Thanks for coming on and giving your side. I hope it is not too much to ask, but would you happen to have a copy of the email in which you stated this?

I read your depiction of the situation and it seems very detailed, but your own emails which the buyer shared with us seem very vauge and brief and I find it hard to compare to the two and see how this could have been known and agreed upon. It may have been what you intended but was it communicated as well as you have done so here?

This may be the source of the issues with this transaction, or I should say refund.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:12 AM   #34
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
But Adam, you told him in an email you would return his money in full:

What happened? Did you change your mind? If your policy is no cash refunds etc etc, why did you lie to him?
Quote:
I am glad you felt confident about that.......Sorry once again. I WILL be in contact with you in regards to your refund. I have a possible sale on her as we speak.......Thank you
Quote:
I hear ya, and I do not blame you .....I have been over loaded with work lately and never around. I understand......If I get mre(more) for her I want to pay you for your time that you took off. Please that is the least I can do.......I will keep you posted.....Thanks

The emails to allude to the fact that they agreed on a refund after he sells to someone else.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:18 AM   #35
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
The emails do allude to the fact that they agreed on a refund after he sells to someone else.
Oops! I did not mean to quote Kelli in that post.

And it was do not to

Long day, forgive me. LOL

Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 AM   #36
MillenniumMorph
Rebel Dragons

****(you wrote) .Adam, lets just try to end this quickly. In your email to Matt you offered a full refund with no mention of having to sell the snake first. That is what I am going by at this point as I have no way of knowing what was said over the phone.

****Answer - I mentioned to him that I was to sell the snake numerous times. If you look at one of the emails you will see it states that I think I have the snake sold again and I would refund him the money as soon as I get it. The only reason I said that is because that was what we agreed upon. Another email actually gives him an update on the status of the sale. Letting him know that I though she might be sold. Sold he WAS fully aware of the agreement. And I also offered to ship him the snake that he purchased and he flat out said no. I actually told him that I was asking more money for the animal and would pay him for his time that he took off of work. Another way to show my concern.

*** Not yet but I have someone very interested.

*** Yes

#3 If you don't have the money are you willing to send a partial payment now and the rest at another predetermined date?
*** No , I will send FULL payment like we agreed upon from the start.

#4 If you have the money, regardless of whether you sold the snake yet or not. Giving the refund would end this transaction and show some real class and professionalism correct?
*** I have done nothing but try my hardest to show real class and professionalism from the very begining. Starting with accepting a payout over 2 months that most people would not have considered when they had offers to be paid in full. I also felt I was professional when I changed my company policy and told him I would get his cash back for him by selling the animal and refunding his money...

Old 10-18-2005, 02:27 AM   #37
MillenniumMorph
Emails he forgot to post........

I am going through my emails to find some where I had told him that I was paying him after the animal was sold. We spoke over the phone about this in detail and some of the email show that...I think he actually forgot to post some emails in my favor, I will look and find them .....It states clearly in this email

*** Here is one email that he forgot ***Matt, I just wanted to touch base with you. I think the animal has sold. I am letting her go for $3,000. I will keep you posted. The only reason I am waiting until she is sold is because I could have shiiped her to you and you would already have had her by now. I was going to ship her out to you when you told me you wanted a refund and she would be in your possesion already. I usually only refund cash if I do not have the animal for my customer. Like if it was an animal from a litter I was expecting that never produced or something. I new I could resell this girl quickly, that is why I said i would refund your money. Personally I think you should have taken the animal and if you did not want her anymore you could have resold her for a good profit. I sold her to you extremely cheap. Anyway, I will be in touch and send our your money as soon as it comes in. Thnak you ......

Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 AM   #38
MillenniumMorph
here is an email and I will find more

From: "info@millenniummorphs" <info@millenniummorphs.com>
To: 'Matthew Crabe' <mdcrabe@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Refund for my DH sunglow
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:26:27 -0400

Matt, I just wanted to touch base with you. I think the animal has sold. I am letting her go for $3,000. I will keep you posted. The only reason I am waiting until she is sold is because I could have shiiped her to you and you would already have had her by now. I was going to ship her out to you when you told me you wanted a refund and she would be in your possesion already. I usually only refund cash if I do not have the animal for my customer. Like if it was an animal from a litter I was expecting that never produced or something. I new I could resell this girl quickly, that is why I said i would refund your money. Personally I think you should have taken the animal and if you did not want her anymore you could have resold her for a good profit. I sold her to you extremely cheap. Anyway, I will be in touch and send our your money as soon as it comes in. Thnak you ......

Old 10-18-2005, 02:31 AM   #39
A_Kendergirl
This looks like a case of poor communication to me. You alluded to the need to sell the snake first, but I don't see anywhere that it's actually spelled out as a requirement for a full refund.

Truthfully, I would want a refund in the same situation. You didn't have to accept the payment plan, but you did, and he followed through 100%. I don't see anywhere that he states that shipping a month or two after payment is received it OK (maybe that was over the phone?). His reasons for wanting the refund seem pretty clear to me.

If you have the money to refund, I think that it would be in your best interests to take care of it. After all, you do still have the snake in your possession, and you have an interested buyer. He has held up his end of the bargain with little to show from your end.

I don't think anyone is making you out to be a bad guy at this point. A quick resolution will ensure it stays that way.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:35 AM   #40
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillenniumMorph
****(you wrote) .Adam, lets just try to end this quickly. In your email to Matt you offered a full refund with no mention of having to sell the snake first. That is what I am going by at this point as I have no way of knowing what was said over the phone.

****Answer - I mentioned to him that I was to sell the snake numerous times. If you look at one of the emails you will see it states that I think I have the snake sold again and I would refund him the money as soon as I get it. The only reason I said that is because that was what we agreed upon. Another email actually gives him an update on the status of the sale. Letting him know that I though she might be sold. Sold he WAS fully aware of the agreement. And I also offered to ship him the snake that he purchased and he flat out said no. I actually told him that I was asking more money for the animal and would pay him for his time that he took off of work. Another way to show my concern.

*** Not yet but I have someone very interested.

*** Yes

*** No , I will send FULL payment like we agreed upon from the start.

*** I have done nothing but try my hardest to show real class and professionalism from the very begining. Starting with accepting a payout over 2 months that most people would not have considered when they had offers to be paid in full. I also felt I was professional when I changed my company policy and told him I would get his cash back for him by selling the animal and refunding his money...
Works for me. It's your show and you can run it however you want.

It was my hope that if you had the money to refund him that you would just do so and end the transaction on a happy note. I understand you want to stay firm to your policies and decisions. I would just hate to see this turn ugly and be drug out for more time when your capable of ending it now. I suppose it is up to you which choice is the lesser of 2 evils. Drag it out and look bad because you could have ended it long ago or refund him simply to finalize the transaction and both of you walking away looking like good guys.

I'm off to bed, good luck!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!