Bad Guy a4strick, Sydney Michelle Strickling, terrible chameleon transaction - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #71
radera5
Ah until put online my friend! Then it must contain a actual Copyright. Check your laws.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #72
radera5
Oh yeah...Thank You!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #73
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
Ah until put online my friend! Then it must contain a actual Copyright. Check your laws.

Oh boy, that is not true. You should stop posting. Seriously.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #74
maggie22195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
But she was just busted and is looking for any excuse. Don't let her use you as a deflection. I bet the handbook is on that page in her lap right now. Chapter 3: Deflection.
Ryan, would you think about writing a book with me? It could be about those who scam, lie, cheat, and Deflect and much much more... Just think about it...

Old 05-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #75
radera5
I am re-reading laws now......check em out!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #76
alee
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie22195 View Post
Ryan, would you think about writing a book with me? It could be about those who scam, lie, cheat, and Deflect and much much more... Just think about it...
I will take 10 copies!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #77
maggie22195
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
I will take 10 copies!
Hahahaha! It would DEFINITELY be a best seller in the reptile world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #78
a4strick
Q. Who owns the copyright?

A. Generally, the person who creates a work is the owner of the copyright. Thus, independent artists, photographers and writers own the copyrights to their works. The only exceptions to this rule occur when a work is created by an employee as part of his or her job duties or when a work is created under a written ìwork-for-hireî agreement.

For example, free-lance photographers own the copyrights to the images that they allow to newspapers or magazines to publish. However, absent an agreement that provides otherwise, a newspaper or magazine will own the copyright to all works that their staff journalists and photographers create as part of their job responsibilities. The same is true for art directors working in advertising agencies. The only way that the copyright could belong to the creator in these situations is if there is an assignment of the copyright. Of course, any stories, photographs or artwork created by employees on their own time, would belong to the authors of the works.

Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between an independent contractor and an employee as that term is defined by the Copyright Act. Most employment situations imply a regular, salaried employment relationship between the parties. However, there is no precise standard for determining whether a person is an employee or an independent contractor under the Copyright Act. A person can be an independent contractor under state law while he or she is an employee under the Copyright Act.

The copyrights to works created under written agreements as works for hire belong to the employer. The law requires that there is a written agreement between the parties. Unfortunately, work for hire agreements can be very simple documents that masquerade as invoices or receipts. Most independent artists, photographers and writers will not operate on a work for hire basis. They feel that to do so, would deprive them of their right to fully exploit their creative talents. Also, they feel they will be treated as employees without having job security or getting any employee benefits.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #80
Onetruesikorsky
This has gotten seriously off-topic. So a4strick, are you going to refund the OP or not?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!