Baby Corucia is growing! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
K-Ran
Baby Corucia is growing!

I am happy to report that my baby is growing! We weighed in this am at 43gm (up 5 from birth on 1/06/07) His appetite picked up yesterday and he is eating baby food. He likes sweet potato/corn and peas. I tried finely chopped turnip greens mixed in, but he was not interested yet. He has gone from a deflated looking sausage casing to a plump stuffed sausage! He is climbing up my shirt and very busy when out. I could not be happier with his progress. I should expect him to begin to shed soon now that his weight has begun to increase.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
K-Ran
I meant to post this picture instead of 2 two of the same. Also, I posted the wrong weigh in picture, he really does weigh 43g!
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
seishin
How PRECIOUS!!! Looks very healthy! Good job, Karen!

Mine are looking like "plump sausages" as well (thankfully!)...

-- Celeste

Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
K-Ran
Baby gets a name!

I wanted to take a minute and update the progress on my Corucia born 1/6/07. I do not know the sex (anyone that can offer tips on sexing at this age I would love to hear from you). This has been a rocky road for sure. Although my baby ate fairly well, we never saw any feces. He continued to gain weight and look good though. I finally took him to the Vet and an x-ray confirmed a very full belly. He administered an enema and within seconds he passed eveything he had comsumed since birth! Quite a sight! A week later still no feces passed on his own. I forced him to soak in a warm water bath for longer than usual. Patience paid off and FINALLY, a poop produced all by himself! His weight is up to 57 gms and he is quite the character. I had planned all along to come up with a super special, extra meaningful name to fit the baby he waited soooo long for. The weeks rolled by and still no name. Partly because I was so reluctant to get attached to him and have him not live, and partly because I just could not find the perfect name. We began to call him "Wormy" because he was frustrating and seemed to never cooperate with us. After weeks of this, I realized he had a name indeed.... Wormy. Maybe not the perfect name I had in mind, but his name none the less. We enjoy him so much and thank all of you that offered help during my long journey. Karen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!