Bad Guy Matt Oakley - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #91
crotalusadamanteus
You know what, he offered a medium of $50 dollars in the emails. If that ain't good enough, then what do you want? Seems to me like you are trying to get yours and then some.

He messed up your order, we all agree to that. But you acting like a kindergartner when he offers a resolution makes him look like the bigger person. If your sole purpose was to mark him a bad guy, and not try to resolve anything, why didn't you just say this in the beginning? We could have just read your story and moved on.

I just don't get some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig kade View Post
Just to add, he says it best "screw me back" as in yes I did get screwed by Matt in the first place, well put you are right. Sucks when people voice how they got screwed and actually do not like it. I never said he never tried to resolve it, he did after I posted here, just did a piss poor job of it in my opinion.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #92
hhmoore
Matt,
This is not the place for you to update your ads/pricelist - I realize that it was posted here before, but that was for the sake of showing how it was at the time of this transaction. Keep the advertising in the classifeds.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #93
EastCoastReptiles171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Matt,
This is not the place for you to update your ads/pricelist - I realize that it was posted here before, but that was for the sake of showing how it was at the time of this transaction. Keep the advertising in the classifeds.
I wasn't advertising, I posted it stating that I changed it just in case someone else didn't read it and sent an order they'ed get what they expected as I made my sizes bigger.

Also, my saying $50 refund in the e-mail wasn't a counter offer. I asked Craig what he wanted back and he said "$75 sound fair?" This being a question, I answered it and told him what I was going to offer but figured instead i'd just ask him what he wanted.

To: bloodpython160@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 7:20 am

$75 sound fair?

To: craigkade@chartermi.net
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 1:12 PM

How do you come up with that figure? I figured a quater off of every rats as if every one of them was undersized. Since this was not the case I figured that would have been more than fair.

To: bloodpython160@aol.com
Sent: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 2:53 pm

So are you saying $35 is fair?

I refunded Craig the $75 he asked for at 12:20pm today...
To: craigkade@chartermi.net
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 3:24 PM

I was going to say $50 which I think is more than fair.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #94
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
You know what, he offered a medium of $50 dollars in the emails. If that ain't good enough, then what do you want? Seems to me like you are trying to get yours and then some.

He messed up your order, we all agree to that. But you acting like a kindergartner when he offers a resolution makes him look like the bigger person. If your sole purpose was to mark him a bad guy, and not try to resolve anything, why didn't you just say this in the beginning? We could have just read your story and moved on.

I just don't get some people.

At this point, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable dealing with either of these 2.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #95
Masonexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
But you want $75 back to cover 5 undersized rats?? That's ridiculous, and obviously taking advantage of the situation. That's not fair at all so I offered to give you $50 back which is more than fair for a couple of rats being undersized.

Yes, he may well be taking advantage, but the fact remains that if you CORRECTLY advertised, picked, packed and weighed your rats rather than taking an educated guess by trying to average you are leaivng yourself open to be taken advantage of. Satisfied customers = no complaints = no space for being 'taken advantage of'.

Advertise your rats clearly, weigh and pack them correctly and end of problem.

Playing the "it's not fair (mummy)" card won't do you any favours. business isn't about fair. It's about delivering what you promise to deliver. Annoy a customer and, yes, it might take more than you feel is "fair" to appease that customer. ( which I see you've now done, credit where it's due) It always remains your decision, make the customer happy or not. Leave them running around talking crap about you, or not. Make the deal right, or not. Advertise rats in a confusing, MILDLY dishonest way that runs against what the majority of the 'industry' does or not.

you may consider yourself 'taken advantage of' but really all thats happened is a customer has finally called you out on somehting (that for all you know) has annoyed many of your past and present customers. Lots of people will let mis-sized rats slide. Our supplier messed us about recently and we still let it go for three or four orders before saying anything. Most people would o what we did or simply change suppliers without saying a word (we're worth approx $400-$500 per month in frozen food orders, so worth having as a customer IMO). Who knows your random weighing/packing methoed might have already cost you thousands in repeat sales "these sizes are cack, I won't oder from here again". I keep (amongst other things) retics and boas and food not the size you ordered/expect can be a real pain, it has on occasion almost doubled our monthly food bill. If you had got my sizes wrong it would have cost me much more money to put right that simply the dollar value the discrepancy in rat sizes is "worth" as i'd have been feeidng certain animals 3,4,5 or 6 feeder items rather than one or two.

you need to consider that your "tiny" discrepancy as you see it could have had (in this situation or others) a bigger effect than you realise. in this case you've done the right thing, realised your reputation is worth more to you than 75 bucks and paid up. In other cases though I GUARENTEE someone at some point has simply thought "screw this, i'll order elsewhere". Where one person points out a fault, you can be sure others have noticed it too. If I were you i'd chalk this one upto experience and start weighing rats properly and bring sizes more in line with what your average herper would "expect" to get delivered when orderting a certain soze of feeder animal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!