Bad Guy Matt Oakley - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #21
Gary O
I know Criag and he is a fair guy. He would not complain at all if it was one or two of the rodents off. It is hard to meet Rodent Pros wieghts but you should be able to meet the wieghts that are posted in an ad.

Criag, If if you ever need us to pick up some rodents let me know. We see Casey(Rodent Pro) twice a month. We can pick it up and bring it to Taylor. That might help on shipping bro.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #22
craig kade
That would be awesome, I usually rent a cargo Van but that sux, whole day wasted, this was just kind of an emergency thing. I needed a few odds and ends. I am glad I did not place a $4000.00 dollar order with this guy and get ripped.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
Casey Hulse
Quote:
(casey you know those little cinnys I bring to the show? those males from July? they ate em no problem
Well if your 08' bps are eating xl rats, then you need to raise the prices for sure I feed xl rats to my adult male boas.

Quote:
I know Criag and he is a fair guy. He would not complain at all if it was one or two of the rodents off.
I would agree Gary.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
By this guys logic, he could include a few mice that could be BONES. Hardly worth even feeding, and a few decent ones, and since the whole bag equalled however much weight.... it would be legit. Pretty scummy if you ask me.
Given a weight range associated with a size, I can see double checking the weight of bags to ensure that they are close to the average weight that would be appropriate- and possibly throwing in a couple extra rodents if the bag consists of animals which are on the smaller side of the listed range.

What I cannot see is sorting the bags in such a fashion that there would be any rodents that are outside of the listed weight range for the size. They shouldn't be smaller or larger than advertised, since people will order the most appropriate size for their animals.

He's also flunking junior high physics.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:21 PM   #25
EastCoastReptiles171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethsExotics View Post
I don't believe that Matt produces any of the rodents he sells. I have seen him at the Havre De Grace show towing around multiple coolers. There is no way he can control the sizes/quantities of rodents he doesn't produce.
Obviously from this statement you haven't been in my rodent room. I have over 275 LIVE rats which I breed for my own collection. With less than half of these being females (lets say 100) I could produce 1000+ rats every 3 weeks! And that's not even counting the offspring that were produced breeding. Anyone who breeds rats knows that younger females avarage about 13 pups each litter. Producing 1000+ rats every 3 weeks is over 17,000 rats a year that I could produce(this figure also does not include breeding the offspring produced). So, you are definitely wrong about how many rats you think I can produce.
~Matt Oakley

Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #26
EastCoastReptiles171
Also, if anyone wants to find out more about who I am and how serious I am about what I do I have a myspace:

myspace.com/matthew160 or search for me under bloodpython160@aol.com

Look at my pics and read my profile.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:30 PM   #27
EastCoastReptiles171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley View Post
... so?

Freezing will change many of the liquids in the body into solids but it doesn't inherently add or subtract any mass from the amount of matter that's present. The volume may change, the mass won't.

They'd weigh the same frozen or freshly thawed.
I've worked in a seafood department for the last 6 years and deal with frozen product everyday. A frozen 2lb bag of shrimp will weigh approx 2.40lbs but when thawed will weigh 2lbs. The reason I thought of this is because I weighed some today so, frezing does make a difference with a solids weight also especially since people for example are 70% water!!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #28
TripleMoonsExotic
Maybe Seth's statement should have been "doesn't produce all of the rodents he sells"? I was told you buy left overs from others as well when I inquired on your rodent breeding through the local reptile vine.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #29
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
I've worked in a seafood department for the last 6 years and deal with frozen product everyday. A frozen 2lb bag of shrimp will weigh approx 2.40lbs but when thawed will weigh 2lbs. The reason I thought of this is because I weighed some today so, frezing does make a difference with a solids weight also especially since people for example are 70% water!!
... only if some of that water weighed with the frozen object is unassociated with the thawed object. Frozen shrimp tend to be sitting in bags with a load of loose ice. When thawed, that loose ice is drained away and not measured.

Freezing does not make a difference in the weight. The mass is the same, the gravity is the same, the weight is the same. Your grasp of the physics behind this are ridiculously wrong.

The plain facts are that you were selling rodents labeled as being a specific weight and sent rodents which were not. You ripped off your customer by sending a product they did not order. You should fix that.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #30
EastCoastReptiles171
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig kade View Post
I copy and pasted my rodent pro order, I ordered weaned, I assume that is hopper on your ad. Unfortunately I had fed off most of the weaned but the 60 I had left weighed 633grams or 10.55 grams each your ad says Hoppers~~~~~~$.45~~~~~8-12g~~~~50 for $22.50 So I would say those are right on par, unless they lost weight in shipping too???The weanlings I could have cared less about 7 grams, 5 grams, 13 grams, I assume xl mice are larger then large and I assume XL rats are larger then other places mediums. The worst part about your shipping was def. the loose rats, those were the only thing completely thawed. On the plus side since I fed those"Xl rats" to some of my 08 ball pythons I guess now I can say my 08 balls eat xl frozen thawed rats(casey you know those little cinnys I bring to the show? those males from July? they ate em no problem) I admit to not reading your ad in full, no doubt it is misleading to call those XL but to not even meet your own very low standards is ridiculous. The mice your shipped you even admitted in email were smaller then advertised. It would be like me advertising an adult male ball python 120 grams then shipping a 100 gram ball. Even in your great testimonials there is a complaint about being shorted I figured all that needed to be posted was the sizes and prices. As far as not sending you a link here immediately that was my bad, I figured somebody found the kingsnake post and had it pulled within an hr. you would figure to look here ecspecially after I said I would let everyone know how I was treated, I should have sent you a link sooner though. Craig Kade
I sent you 390 rodents and you're complaining becaues 10 were not in a bag. I was trying to use the space in the box as efficiently as I could. I sorry that that bothered you so much but if you have as many snakes as you say I doubt if it caused you any trouble.

Also, you say your 08' balls ate them, unless they're 1000g+ or you picked out the smallest ones that's not true. I weighed each of the bags of rats I sent you and all were above the minimum weight multiplied by the amount that I was in the bag.

In my e-mail I stated that the mice were the largest ones I had at the time. You have the rodents now so it's not like I can say anythign about them. It's like you shipping a snake to someone ant the say it had mites or URI when you know it didn't when you shipped it...

I didn't write the ad to be misleading, I wrote it expecting people to read it. I don't know why I expected that when I get e-mails everyday asking me questions that have already been answered in the ad. I expected people to place orders by their weights, not by what size they are called since everyone's definition can be different.

As far as shorting the guy, yes, I was one mouse off and I refunded him the price of that mouse. I dont believe you cut that off because all that the post needed was sizes and prices, you knew that positive feedback from prior satisfied customers wouldn't look good on your complaint...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!