Bad Guy Ron Billingsley- Backed out on a deal - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
Ron. Exactly, its 45.00. If you quoted her for below your advertised price, and she agreed to pay it, and you accepted then started to arrange shipping,and only after then decided against it... well, certainly you are in the wrong.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
John E Dove
I gotta go with Ms. Holmes on this one.
I was raised that if you are a man your word was your bond. There was no need of paperwork or signatures, if you made an agreement you stuck to it regardless.
Here the price was set, payment was made and only then was the price changed. That is just plain wrong. I can understand kicking yourself for messing up on the pricing but not backing out on the deal.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
KelliH
Quote:
Ron. Exactly, its 45.00. If you quoted her for below your advertised price, and she agreed to pay it, and you accepted then started to arrange shipping,and only after then decided against it... well, certainly you are in the wrong.
Agreed.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
TylerStewart
Just curious, if the mistake had been a higher dollar amount, for example, he typed $100 when he meant $1,000, would it then be ok since it's no longer "just $45?"

Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #15
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEBEASTREPTIL View Post
Just curious, if the mistake had been a higher dollar amount, for example, he typed $100 when he meant $1,000, would it then be ok since it's no longer "just $45?"
Im pretty sure that when you get payment for 100.00 instead of 1000.00 youre absolutely bound to notice.

Its not even the same. Lets not talk about What ifs. and talk about what DID happen. He is in the wrong. he agreed to the price, and arranged shipping before THEN backing out.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
Nagini
Also if that had been the case (100 instead of 1,000) when I restated the price to make sure it was correct, he should have caught it then.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
Herpterra
OK so what is going on here? I mean how can a person be a BAD GUY for refunding the money? He was going to take a loss for those of you that are not large suppliers or pet store owners then you wouldnt understand how $45 dollars affects the grand scheme of things. Now me wow I have bitten the dust several times underestimating shipping costs to CA and taking the hit never asking for a penny more but I had the option to ask, that is me though and I am not hurting for anything as of late. However, some of these people have this money as a lifeblood secondary income for their breeding projects and $45 can seem like $4500. Dont get me wrong maybe he could have taken the hit but at them same time all of you need who find this practice objective never went out and bought a car.....those guys back outa deals consistantly and I never hear anyone putting them up to the BBB.

Fact is you got your money back you didnt LOSE anything.

Some people have Customer Service and a lowsy product, some people have great products and lowsy customer service, and some have both. Just read the PVC Cages BOI post for a better explaination of that comment

Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
callak
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
I gotta go with Ms. Holmes on this one.
I was raised that if you are a man your word was your bond. There was no need of paperwork or signatures, if you made an agreement you stuck to it regardless.
Here the price was set, payment was made and only then was the price changed. That is just plain wrong. I can understand kicking yourself for messing up on the pricing but not backing out on the deal.
I'd have to agree with this. Once the price is set, agreed to, and paid for the deal is done. No backing out or renegotiating the price afterward a deal is a deal. I can see both sides of it and understand both. But in this instance the seller was clearly in the wrong for renegging on a already done deal. In this instance I dont think it makes him a Bad Guy, just a instance of bad customer service.

Bluebeast, it does not make it any more ok at all, however in my eyes, IMHO it makes it more understandable(not justifiable) when theres such a high dollar amount involved.

Herpterra, I can completely understand what your saying, I am one of those people that at times $45 is alot of money for me to lose. But bringing up car salesman is completely different. Once you sign the loan paperwork or give them the cash for it and drive off, the car dealer doesn't call you and ask for more money. Yes they will renegotiate a deal constantly and give you one price and come back with another, but it is done before the cash or loan documents are given/signed. I just gave a guy 3k for my wifes car with signed paperwork/reciept saying so, if he came back and said sorry I want more for it, I'd lmfao at him.

Just my opinion though others might not see it that way, but to each his own

Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #19
John E Dove
Mr. Daniel
What makes him less than honorable is the fact he gave his word on a price, confirmed that price then tried to raise the price after getting the money in his hands.
If at any point prior to receiving the money he had changed his price there would be no issue but once he accepted the money he asked for he was bound to honor the deal IMO.
"Bad Guy"? Questionable.
Less than reputable? Yes!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
Nagini
callak I do agree with you, if there was another negative post prefix besides bad guy I would have used it, but this thread didnt really fit under 'info'. He's not really a bad guy due to the fact that he did give me my money back, but he was in the wrong on what he did, to an extent I consider that a bad seller. Obviously not as serious as some of the scammers out there, but in my opinion bad customer service makes someone a bad seller.

I to am one of those people, just starting out in the hobby where $45 is a lot of money, My full time job doesnt pay me much, so I have to save for a while to get any snakes that I do get. But even so, if it is my error, it is my fault and I wouldnt back out on a deal if I was at fault

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!