Bad Guy jason lee spearman <pitvipers@live.com> - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
genetic art
is this where this goes?

free pet rock
free to a good home

Old 02-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #22
callak
Quote:
Originally Posted by callak View Post
Lab created diamonds are not REAL diamonds. While they do hold some of the same composition. They are imitations and generally sell for less. Same goes with sapphires, rubies, etc.... So saying it was real after being told it's lab created makes it fishy. A professional jewler will tell you the same. If I went in a asked for a real diamond I would get shown an actual out of the earth diamond. If I told him I wanted something that looked like a real diamond but didnt want the price of of a real one I would get shown lab created.

I stand corrected, They are of the exact same chemical compistion. I thought there were some minor differences. Still though IMO a REAL diamond comes from the earth. Anything else is just a imitation.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #23
callak
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic art View Post
free pet rock
free to a good home
I wouldnt go that far, if it is indeed a lab created diamond and not a CZ, it is still worth something. Take it down and have it appraised by a professional jeweler. Make sure you let the jeweler know it was lab created and get a real apprasail for what its worth. After that you could probly still trade or sell it, just probly not for what you thought you would get.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #24
genetic art
free pet rock

trade it hell thats what got me into this mess

Old 02-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #25
ophidile
I disagree entirely in that Lab create diamonds are "real" diamonds. They may not be natural diamonds but they are still actual carbon crystals arranged in an isometric-hexoctahedral lattice.

A "fake" diamond is something like a cubic zirconia, which is zirconium dioxide (ZrO2).

I don't see what's so great about mined diamonds anyway - they frequently come from war-torn areas and are the cause of tons of strife.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #26
callak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
I disagree entirely in that Lab create diamonds are "real" diamonds. They may not be natural diamonds but they are still actual carbon crystals arranged in an isometric-hexoctahedral lattice.

A "fake" diamond is something like a cubic zirconia, which is zirconium dioxide (ZrO2).

I don't see what's so great about mined diamonds anyway - they frequently come from war-torn areas and are the cause of tons of strife.

Good point! Just depends on the person and how they percieve real vs fake I guess. I recently bought nothing but lab created for my wife. They are cheaper and usually prettier than natural ones. Especially the rubies, sapphires and emeralds IMO. The only thing she cares about is how good it looks so I'm more than happy to buy the cheaper stuff if shes happy with it! Leaves me with more money for snakes!!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #27
ReptileAddictions
The jeweler himself said it was a fake and a bad imitation at that upon first looking at it with the naked eye. I myself couldnt see a single flaw or color variance. It also seemed very light weight.

A friend later showed me an easy trick with a loose diamond. Draw a line on a paper, place the stone flat side down. A real diamond reflacts the line in a millin pieces. This one showed the line straight through.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
ReptileAddictions
I just spoke with Jeane, who he claims to have spoken to. She could NOT verify any conversation about it being lab created. She in fact said that you told her you could get all kinds of stones, rubies, ect. That your mother or grandmother (she didnt remember which) is a Gemologist.
Jason, just stop lieing.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #29
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post

Not entirely true. Diamonds are also mined in Arkansas, and I went through there last week and it didn't look war-torn!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #30
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Not entirely true. Diamonds are also mined in Arkansas, and I went through there last week and it didn't look war-torn!
Buy american! XD

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!