For Sale Eastern Indigo Snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
Vic Herrick
Eastern Indigo Snakes

Eastern Indigos (Drymarchon couperi): I have a few 2017’s and new clutches of 2018 Eastern Indigos available. These are handsome and well started, mostly red phases. All come from vigorous and large stock with parents exceeding 7’.

Indigo snakes are federally listed as a “threatened” species, therefore shipment outside Arizona will require an Interstate Commerce Permit administered by the USFWS. I will assist you, as needed, in the permit process. Permits are issued after submitting your application in about 6-12 weeks. I have included a link to the Interstate Commerce Permit Application below.

Permit Link: https://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-55.pdf

NOTE: Arizona residents do not currently require permits and the Interstate Commerce Permit does not apply.

Please know your local and state laws regarding purchase and possession or Eastern Indigo snakes!!!

Price for Eastern Indigos is as follows:
2017 Yearlings: $1200.00 each
2018 Hatchlings: $1000.00 each

I will hold and nurture your indigo(s) until your permit is issued, upon receipt of a $200.00 non-refundable deposit.

References available upon request. Please feel free to contact me through Fauna Classified or email: vic.herrick@yahoo.com.

Below are representatives of what the animals from my stock look like.

Regards,
Vic
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
cdossena
I have known Vic for about 10 years and own some of the animals he has bred. They are outstanding! You always get a healthy and large animal from him. He is one of the most knowledgeable indigo breeders in the hobby. He is also an honest man, and a great breeder to do business with.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
JohnHarper
is the permit hard to get for a non biologist person to get?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:55 PM   #4
Vic Herrick
is permit hard to get for non-biologist?

NO, the Interstate Commerce Permit is in effect a Tax imposed by Congress way back and administered by the USFWS. It is tedious, an imposing stack of forms, much of which does not apply. Many breeders/sellers, and certainly me, are happy to assist you as we have been through the process before. It asks you to provide evidence you have applicable experience and know the basics of Dryamarchon care, and have adequate facility, etc. Not hard, but some answers you should consult with experienced breeder/seller prior to submitting.

Some States may have their own permits, and that is different and I am not addressing those at this time. Eastern Indigos require more effort than some to acquire, but I think worth it when you jump the hurdles...

Sometimes the first time is intimidating, but you will find it is not hard. You can do it, many have gone before you!

good luck, Vic
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-24-2018, 10:28 PM   #5
Its_JoeyHello
Vic has some nice Indigos :-D

Old 07-24-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
KICHIMARK
Vic is the man to go to for some of the best Indigo's around. If anyone is considering one of these magnificent animals, he is definitely the guy to get them from.

Eve is doing awesome and growing large Vic.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:37 AM   #7
Vic Herrick
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KICHIMARK View Post
Vic is the man to go to for some of the best Indigo's around. If anyone is considering one of these magnificent animals, he is definitely the guy to get them from.

Eve is doing awesome and growing large Vic.
I am so glad to hear that, I will never forget that little adventure... Vic
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #8
KICHIMARK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Herrick View Post
I am so glad to hear that, I will never forget that little adventure... Vic
Definitely a story to remember. .

Old 07-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #9
tim brophy
Agree with above comments. Vic has excellent indigos and is a pleasure to work with.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #10
Turkemon
These are awesome, these were the largest snake I held has a kid, maybe I'll go for the Permit eventually.