Is my boa a certain kind of sunglow? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #11
McCarthy Boas
Nice looking sunglow you picked up. I would say she is just a normal sunglow from the price you paid for her. She could be a super sunglow as she is very clean looking to me. The super means she is double het for hypo. The only way to know for sure if she is a super is to breeder her when she is older. If she is a super and you breed her to a normal or a hypo boa all the babies will be hypo and het for albino. With the hypo breeding you would also get super hypo’s. If you breed her to a albino all the babies will be sunglows if she is a super. If she is not a super you would get albinos and sunglow.

Here is a link to some of my 2016 baby albinos and sunglow. The picture headings tell you what they are like “albino or sun”. Like others have said the hypo gene is what reduces the pattern.

http://www.mccarthyboas.com/babyboas2016.htm

http://www.mccarthyboas.com/Sunglow2015.html

Take care
Tom

Old 10-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #12
Morgans Boas
I wouldn't be surprised it she was a Super Sunglow -- only proven thru breeding. Her extra-cleaness suggests that to me. Junglows would display a similar look, but be more colorful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!