Jeff Turner of Lansing Michigan is a Crook - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
A&RZerkle
Jeff Turner of Lansing Michigan is a Crook

Jeff Turner
1819 Fidelity RD
Lansing, MI
michherper@hotmail.com

This Gentleman mis-represented a Ridley as a female, after asking him twice to be sure of the sex, it was a male. All attempts to deal with him has prove a waste of time. People like this are not needed and should not be tolerated, it's hard enuf fighting area goverments to allow us just to keep reptiles, and it's a shame that this is becoming an all to common practice for our so called herp community. I've been a fixture in the community since the early eighties and it's not been by doing business like this.
By the way, he has supposedly moved, if anyone can confirm this or tell me where he is located, i'd love to pay him a visit since I'm in Michigan quite often and would love to discuss this in person.

Rob & Amy Zerkle
Columbus Ohio

How about $275.00 shipped.
Money Orders or Cashiers Checks can be sent to

Jeff Turner
1819 Fidelity RD
Lansing, MI

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:15:54 -0500
To: MichHerper@hotmail.com
Subject: Message about: 0.1 Sub-Adult Cave Dwelling Ratsnake $250 + Shipping

if you'll take $250.00 shipped , i'll take her.
Thanks
Amy
Sent 11:15 AM, Sep 26th, 2007 from I.P. Address 76.192.139.152

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:13:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Message about: 0.1 Sub-Adult Cave Dwelling Ratsnake $250 + Shipping
To: michherper@hotmail.com

Jeff do you accept paypal?
thanxs Amy

No, sorry, I don't. This is just my personal collection that I am having to part with, so i didn't set up an account. If you are still interested let me know,

Thanks,
jeff

Jeff Turner
1819 Fidelity Rd
Lansing, MI

And that was $275 shipped is what we agreed on correct?

Thank you,
Jeff

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:36:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Message about: 0.1 Sub-Adult Cave Dwelling Ratsnake $250 + Shipping

Hi Jeff
I can send a cashiers check out tommorow
can you resend your addy thanxs Amy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:49:02 -0400

That's correct, promise it's a girl?
Amy

In a message dated 9/27/2007 10:43:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, michherper@hotmail.com writes:

yup

10/3/07
Amy, I got your money order today. Since it is Weds. I will ship her out first thing Monday morning. I will e-mail you again with a tracking number when I do.

Thanks,
jeff

10/3/07
Thanxs jeff
Can't wait
Amy

10/8/07
Well, had a slight problem this morning. Went to go ship the snake out and realized I mis-laced your address. I didn't have time to contact you because i had to go to work. But I have all tomorrow off. If you can e-mail me your address, I will ship the snake out as soon as I wake up tomorrow. Sorry,

Thanks,
jeff

10/8/07
Hi Jeff
that's fine it was really hot today here 91*+
good thing we waited
Amy Zerkle
3721 Christie rd west
columbus Oh 43207-4168
ph 614.492.8415

10/9/07
Amy,
The snake is on it's way. Remember to be careful when you get her out of the bag. She will not be happy, and probably quite thirsty. Let me know when she arrives. Here is your tracking number.

1ZE057R90375563210Thanks,Jeff
10/9/07 thank you Amy

10/13/07
Got a problem Jeff, I didn't pay 250.00 for a male I don't need ( as seen in the PICS) .I had my concerns about this snake when I un bagged it, but gave you the benefit of the doubt and put it with my females since it was supposed to be one, and unplugged him from one prior to this PIC. So we need to come to a solution about this pretty quick since I asked you twice if you were sure it was a female. So I need some kind of refund or would just as soon send it back because I don't need any other males and 250.00 is way to much for a male. Rob Zerkle614-886-1229

10/15/07
Are you going to contact us or are you going to screw us with this deal? Let me know so I know what action to take. Amy 10/15/07 Amy, im so sorry about the mistake. I could have sworn it was female. I should have probed it to make sure when you asked though. Sorry i didn't respond earlier, i have been moving and unable to check my e mail. I will be sending a money order for 250 tomorrow morning. Again, sorry for the mistake. Let me know if you want to ship it back. Thanks jeff
10/16/07
Jeff it was just such a shock i had the girls in one cage males in the other-
the last thing i wanted was copulating just before brumating them- now i am worried about cooling her.I will ship him overnight as soon as it arrives- first I will check to be sure someone will be there to accept the parcel.Thank you for your understanding and cooperation Amy 10/22/07 Jeff when did you send it -hasnt arrived Amy 10/28/07 I'm going to assume that since I've seen no check and that you've not tried to contact me after you have my E-mail address and my phone number that you have no intentions of making good on our deal involving this mis-sexed ridleyi. We've waited until 10/28/07 for a check that never came ( they one you said you were sending out tomorrow (10/16/07) from your above letter, so the only recourse is to do everything we can to try and make sure that no one else gets screwed over on another deal with you. If we don't hear from you by tomorrow (10/29/07) we'll spread your name and info on all the boards and sites to be careful dealing with you. We haven't been in this business since the mid- eighties by screwing people over on animal deals, and I don't appreciated having it done to me. Rob & Amy Zerkle 614-492-8415 614-886-1229

Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
SPJ
Sorry to hear you got the wrong sex but why in the world did you place an animal that just arrived in with one of your current animals?

What were you thinking?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Jeff Turner
1819 Fidelity RD
Lansing, MI
michherper@hotmail.com
Sorry to hear that!
I have never heard of this guy, but I will keep my ears open. Good luck.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
Sorry to hear that!
I have never heard of this guy, but I will keep my ears open. Good luck.

There are a few threads here. Some of the posts in the other threads suggest that is last name is actually Debus. I don't know if that is accurate or not.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Sorry to hear you got the wrong sex but why in the world did you place an animal that just arrived in with one of your current animals?

What were you thinking?
That's exactly what i was thinking. Perhaps it was actually a good thing seeing as it determined the real sex of the snake that they bought.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #6
SPJ
It confirmed he got the wrong sex but could have jeopardized his other animals.

I think since it's obvious now that you did get the wrong sex, the seller needs to step up and work to resolve this.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
LauraB
Jeff Turner needs to be located. He needs to either replace the misrepresented male snake with the female he advertised and "promised" was female or provide a full refund. A bad-guy post was good and deserved.

The buyer needs to practice proper herp-keeping procedures. Namely, the quarantine of newly acquired reptiles to protect stock and future clutches, and perhaps even probing upon arrival instead of just accepting a "yup" as a guarantee of correct gender. That's just common sense, good business and protection of stock animals.

I do hope Turner can be located and the buyer's money returned or they get the female they ordered and paid for.

~ Laura Bolt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!