mid sized monitors??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
yourbeat
mid sized monitors???

other then savys what other monitors stay around there size as adults...i tried searching here and google an couldnt dig anything up....any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
TailsWithScales
There are several species that get above 3 foot long and are considered a medium species.
Savannah
White throat
Dumeril
Blue tail
Yellow
Argus
Mertens
Roughneck
Mangrove

All of the above average between 3 - 4 foot but be warned that 5 specimens are out there.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
yourbeat
oh i def though white an black throats were all avg of 5-6 ft...i want another monitor, i had a savvy but was thinking about getting another species

Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
TailsWithScales
On average white throats average between 3 to four foot fully grown. But no it's not uncommon for a varanid to break the mold size wise. Black throats on the other generally are 5-6 foot with proper care.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
yourbeat
any sugjestions on who would be a good person to buy baby savys or white throats from

Old 01-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
lpcad
If you are looking for a baby, you could wait until late February into March and get a baby fresh from the farm.
Pick one that looks well hydrated and in over all good health. Bright eyes and active.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
yourbeat
but anyone specific that i should go to?

Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #8
TailsWithScales
As of now there's isn't anyone I know who has eggs cooking for either species.
So take your pick of the classified for a farm hatched animal.

Pictures honestly don't mean a thing. There are tricks to making a monitor look good for sale so just go with top sellers. Check the BOI and /or ask.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
yourbeat
gotchya, i maybe just wait for a show this way i can go and hand pick one...i have also been on craigslist to see if i can rescue one first bc id rather do that save a life and get a nice new addition to the family but if nothing hits there ill most likly go to a show for it, i have been looking all over the discussions for the past few weeks trying to get as much info gathered as i can, last time i had a monitor was quite a few years ago and since then i have gotten into breeding beardeds and just wanted to brush up on monitors before making the plunge, thanks for the help so far guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!