Signature Length - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #1
Dbz4246
Signature Length

Quick question, I was editing my Signature and as you can see, I decided to list what morphs I currently have. But I decided not to list everything and just list key points, but even when I delete a good amount of information on the Signature, the system still tells me it is too long. Did the Signature length change recently? I want to update it, but don't want to loose all the info I have on it. Thanks!

Old 07-03-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
WebSlave
There is a limit of 400 characters in the signature area for registered members. For all levels of paying members, that limit is increased to 640 characters.

I don't recall changing those limits any time recently.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #3
Dbz4246
Thanks for replying Rich, the pic I added is what it is showing when I try to edit my signature. Last I checked, I should be a paying member.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #4
Dbz4246
Forgot to post the image
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2015, 02:39 AM   #5
WebSlave
For some reason the number of allowed lines of text in the signature area for Contributor level members was set at "0". Which is odd since the setting for registered members is "2". So I changed the setting for Contributors to "2" so we can see if that fixes your problem. That setting for higher level paying members is set to "4", but the text character count is 640, as it is set for Contributor level members.

If you still have problems with the text wrapping around to produce too many lines, maybe making the text size SMALLER might help.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:43 AM   #6
hhmoore
I didn't know about the characters; but 4 lines was the answer that jumped into my head.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #7
Dbz4246
Ok thanks Rich, it still won't let me edit it. But I can't edit the font size on my phone, I'll try that out as soon as i can get to a desktop. Thanks again

Old 07-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #8
Dbz4246
I counted up the amount of characters I have in my signature after I edited it, and I have 277. I still couldn't get it to allow it to post it. I then lowered the font size to "2" and "1" and neither would work either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!