Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 04:26 AM   #101
WebSlave
Steve,

Just on the off chance this quote was taken out of context, as there apears to have been several emails passed back and forth between yourself and Jeff Barringer, how about posting the ENTIRE conversation so there is no mistake about what was actually said?

Quote:
I talked to Jeff Barringer and this is what he had to say about this site!!!!!!!!!!

>>>--- Jeff Barringer wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>The BOI is not our site. Not only is it
>>>>not our site, it is a web address that has been
>>>>blocked from being posted anywhere to our site
>>>>beacuse of the repeated and continued libel
>>>>and slander regarding our business, our vendors,
>>>>our users, and our staff.
>>>>
>>>>We are not involved with, part of, affiliated
>>>>with, or do business on any level with anyone
>>>>connected to that web site. We neither support
>>>>nor condone the activities that occur on the BOI.

You can take it or leave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Steve Ori
A Forgotten Realm

A Forgotten Realm

Also, does JeffB know you posted this in a public forum? If you have taken this quote out of context, he may not be happy with you for doing that.

Old 04-30-2003, 09:56 AM   #102
Ken Harbart
Mr Ori,
I had originally assumed you were an honest, level-headed person. However, you've now made it apparent that you are just a an insecure little bully. My apologies for thinking you had an ounce of integrity.

You really aren't too bright, making your juvenile threats. I'll tell you what though Steve- I'll make a little guarantee of my own to you. Should I see you attempt to instigate a fight at any show I'm attending, you will promptly be subdued and detained for local law enforcement. I haven't the patience to endulge with your childish antics.

Trust me Steve, you'd be best to stop sticking your foot in your mouth right about now. Should the issue be pressed, you've already done enough to 1) have your ISP shut you down, 2) have criminal charges filed against you, 3) have RO/PPO's filed against you, which could keep you from attending a few shows.

Like I said Steve, you can either drop the issue, or continue to push it. Either way, you won't be laying your hands on anyone. Do the former, and you can walk away with a bit of pride. The latter, and I'll guarantee that it will cost you time, money, and your freedom.

I expect this to be the end of it, from all sides. As the WebSlave has said, it stops now.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #103
HerpVenue
Well Steve has not been here yet.

He either has more important things to do..........which is good.
OR
The complaints filed to his Internet Service provider as well as his e-mail provider may have been effective.

But I did forget to add this link when complaining to his ISP. Because after careful review of their TOS.....I then realized this thread would be substantial and beneficial in filing the complaint.

We shall see soon enough.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #104
Ken Harbart
Quote:
or do business on any level with anyone connected to that web site
You know, I'd like to touch on that statement for a moment, as it's not entirely accurate.I can think of quite a few members, as well as one moderator, who have paid accounts with kingsnake.com. Kind of a funny way of "not doing business" with someone, don't you think?

Old 04-30-2003, 10:13 AM   #105
Wilomn
Good Morning Coffee drinkers. I have one last little item to add as well. I think this all comes down to ori's gurarntee. Had that not been there I don't think I would have been so vehement about him returning the deposit. Had it not been for that I would have been much more inclined to say that he would be well within his rights to credit that deposit towards another purchase at some future date or simply keep it for his time and energy and possibly lost/delayed sales.

It's that whole satisfaction or your money back thing that is the basis for this. As I've said before- do what you say you will or say nothing at all.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-30-2003, 10:14 AM   #106
HerpVenue
One site owner admin whose account just expired two weeks ago.
One "moderator"/ferret whose account expired two months ago.
One moderator in good standing with both sites.
One ex moderator who is still a member.
And several Dozen members

Old 04-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #107
ms_terese
Quote:
Had that not been there I don't think I would have been so vehement about him returning the deposit. Had it not been for that I would have been much more inclined to say that he would be well within his rights to credit that deposit towards another purchase at some future date or simply keep it for his time and energy and possibly lost/delayed sales.
Then the question is: under what circumstances would he be able to keep the deposit? If someone just drops out of communication? For how long? If they change their mind? Do you actually have to take possession of an animal before the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" kicks in?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's simply that this poses an intriguing situation. A deposit was accepted, an animal was chosen, the buyer didn't follow through with completion of the purchase because he wasn't satisfied with an animal that he never took possession of, an animal that had no health problems pop up or anything else that would affect a change in that animal after it was chosen....but he's obviously not satisfied with the animal.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #108
Wilomn
Sincerely,
Steve Ori
Manager
A Forgotten Realm
Pet to Investment Quality animals
Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back

That last line there is where all of this stems from. steve said it, then didn't stand behind it. Nothing else is really relavent. Could he have been misunderstood? Maybe. But what he said was "Saitsfaction GUARENTEED or you money BACK"(the highlight are obviously my own). He made this gurarntee voluntarily. No one forced him to, he did it all by his lonesome. So he shouldn't have to stand by it just because he didn't mean it? Sorry. I don't see it that way.

Be careful what you say and be VERY careful what you write.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-30-2003, 11:34 AM   #109
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I had originally assumed you were an honest, level-headed person. However, you've now made it apparent that you are just a an insecure little bully. My apologies for thinking you had an ounce of integrity.
Ken,

He was given the benefit of the doubt at least twice. Regrettably it seems that I was wrong in my initial assessment of his personality.

Regards.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #110
HerpVenue
Actually it was three times.

If you read my first post in this thread....
I did not say anything directly at eather party.
I just assumed they were both good guys who misunderstood each other.
then I gave some insight on my thoughts of the situation.
then I aged backwards in years and became a teenager

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread