Bad Guy Joel Diaz (Legacy Reptiles) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Rjhjthomps
Unhappy Joel Diaz (Legacy Reptiles)

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=64880
www.legacyreptiles.com
https://www.facebook.com/legacyreptileslocalityboas/

It just baffles me, I've purchased snakes from this company both on separate occasions in 2017 the first one was for 0.1 ptyas dhumnades sold to me as Captive Hatched

I received the animal which appeared to be in good condition and was feeding well on pinkies as advertised. 2 weeks later the poor thing was found dead in her enclosure from unknown causes.

The other purchase was for 1.1 gonyosoma frenatum sold to me as CB,

acquired from a trade at a reptile show I was told.
After arrival I asked about some lumps on these frenatum and was told they were nothing to worry about. I ran into a financial situation and ended up selling them misrepresented because of this.

Now I do keep rather unique species, but my experience is not very substantial when it comes to diagnosing parasites or distinguishing wc from cb.
HOWEVER, I will take blame for selling some shit frenatum to Rob and I do intend to re compensate him for what I did in the future for sure, I am not a terrible reptile keeper, nor do I condone importing fauna into the country thats riddled with parasites.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Joe, as soon as you can, please add the images as actual uploaded attachments to this site itself so that your thread is section-rule-compliant. You can usually manage 4 images per post (depending on the device used; some mobile devices make the process more tedious). Adding them to subsequent posts is fine, but we need that done asap. Thanks in advance.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Old 03-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
Rjhjthomps
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=64880
www.legacyreptiles.com
https://www.facebook.com/legacyreptileslocalityboas/

It just baffles me, I've purchased snakes from this company both on separate occasions in 2017 the first one was for 0.1 ptyas dhumnades sold to me as Captive Hatched

I received the animal which appeared to be in good condition and was feeding well on pinkies as advertised. 2 weeks later the poor thing was found dead in her enclosure from unknown causes.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #4
Rjhjthomps
The other purchase was for 1.1 gonyosoma frenatum sold to me as CB,

acquired from a trade at a reptile show I was told.
After arrival I asked about some lumps on these frenatum and was told they were nothing to worry about. I ran into a financial situation and ended up selling them misrepresented because of this.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
BlueCrowned
Can I ask why you wouldn't take the animals to a vet if you were concerned and the seller brushed it off? I understand that you ran into financial trouble, but their care was your responsibility until you sold them. Did they have the lumps when you sold them?

Old 03-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #6
Rjhjthomps
Now I do keep rather unique species, but my experience is not very substantial when it comes to diagnosing parasites or distinguishing wc from cb.
HOWEVER, I will take blame for selling some shit frenatum to Rob and I do intend to re compensate him for what I did in the future for sure, I am not a terrible reptile keeper, nor do I condone importing fauna into the country thats riddled with parasites.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
Rjhjthomps
Thought I would add this last bit of evidence from the texts we exchanged with each other, I'm not sure who this person is that Legacy Reptiles Mentioned but he might be the source of them.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #8
Rjhjthomps
Please excuse my language towards the end in my post, the snakes were beautiful in every way shape and form, but imperfect to sell.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:34 AM   #9
snakesareawesome
Not possible to know for sure. Frenatum are commonly bred in Europe (thats where I got most of mine) but not very commonly bred in USA with only a few produced here a year. There were also some WC ones that came in last year. It's very possible someone sold him the WC ones as CB.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:36 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhjthomps View Post

I'm not sure why you are including this animal in the 'bad guy' report here. If she died of 'unknown causes' you have not shown in any way that the death was the fault of the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhjthomps View Post
I ran into a financial situation and ended up selling them misrepresented because of this.
Because you were short of money you did not disclose the lumps to your buyer?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!