Help! I think my gecko's dying - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
heatherchasse
Unhappy Help! I think my gecko's dying

My gecko shed last week and still has some of the skin on its head, I didn't think much of it, I thought it would eventually fall off but it's still there and now he won't open his eyes. Do you think his eyes are infected from the skin? I took a warm cloth and put it lightly on his head and got most of the skin off his head.His eyes will open but then he closes them, one opens alot wider than the other one-and that one seems to be cloudy and his pupils are smaller than usual--he seems active enough, I'm just worried about his eyes--please I could use some feed back!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:10 AM   #2
Gexx
Hmm, I assume its a leopard gecko? Perhaps a vitamin deficiency has caused the eye problems? Have any loose feeder insects had an opportunity to attack him? What kind of setup do you house him in?

Old 04-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
montezuma
Don't go crazy...

One thing to remember when caring for any reptile is to reduce the stress. Don't get crazy trying to save it by giving it too much attention... it could cause the reverse.
If you could post a picture it would be easier for anyone to provide assistance. If you are unable to post one or email one the take it to your local reptile shop (leave it in the car till you get approval to bring it in) ask someone knowledgable what they think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!