Info My Experience with Color Creations (Holland Incitti) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
Will0W783
My Experience with Color Creations (Holland Incitti)

I made this deal about two months ago, and should have posted sooner, but it kept slipping my mind. Honestly, I cannot in good conscience consider him a Good Guy or a Bad Guy, as I did get my animals and they are still thriving, but the shipping conditions were deplorable and I will not be doing business with him again.
First of all, in late May I ordered a pair of Jackson's chameleons (supposedly with a gravid female, as I figured I could raise the babies and sell them). I did not at the time know anything about Color Creations and I didn't think to search here on the BOI for them. I asked if he could hold my pair for a week until I got back from vacation, but I paid for them up front. I got back from vacation and asked that they be shipped. I asked what method he used and what the guaranteed arrival time was. He told me he just shipped regular USPS mail overnight and that they would come whenever my mail came. I wasn't happy about this and said I'd much prefer they be shipped with Fedex for guaranteed by 8 or 10am so they would have less time in transit with the female being pregnant, and I would cover the difference in cost. He refused. At this point I became concerned and looked on the BOI and found a lot of Bad Guy threads about him. I was, needless to say, very nervous, but couldn't cancel the deal, as I'd already paid for the animals. The shipping date came and went and no chams. I sent another few emails and waited yet another week. Finally I threatened to file a Paypal dispute and post a Bad Guy thread here and he finally responded that he was out of town with a family emergency but would ship them that week. Again, they didn't come when they were supposed to. I was livid and sent another email asking what was going on and saying if I did not get them the next week, no matter what the excuse, I would be filing a Paypal dispute to protect myself. He emailed me saying he'd gotten home later than expected but would have them out the following week. They did come that week, and were both alive, but the female was quite skinny for a supposedly gravid animal. They were packed in a plain cardboard box with "Live Animals" scrawled on it in faint pen. There was no insulation, heat/cool packs, or padding. Each animal was in a stapled paper bag just tossed in the box. I was livid when I saw how the poor creatures had been shipped. I emailed him back saying they'd arrived but that it was not a good way to ship and that the female looked awfully skinny for a gravid animal- did he know when she was due? I never got a reply. The chameleons are still alive and doing quite well. I have no doubt that they were farmed or wild caught, so I am thrilled they are doing well for me, but due to his deplorable shipping methods and lack of communication, I would not do business with him again, nor would I recommend him to anyone. I do have all the emails with him if anyone is interested, but didn't know if they were necessary here since I'm not really calling him out as a Bad Guy, I just wanted to make my experience known.
~Kimberly Urban

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!