Just giving everyone a HEADS UP. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
thebiggestb
Just giving everyone a HEADS UP.

A gentlemen by the name of Ward contacted me about some hypos I have for sell. To make a long story short, he was going to send me 3400.00 for the snakes(snakes were only 700) and then I was supposed to mail the remainder to his shipper.

I of course told him I would not do that. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and let them know what is going on.

Thanks,
Brett

Old 05-11-2004, 06:13 PM   #2
Snakebyt
and let me guess.. he wanted to send it in check form.. that has been going around for a while, at least a couple years

Old 05-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #3
diablohogs
Red face another example:

a friend of mine was advertising a bronco for sale...to make a long story short... the man offered him more than its worth continued to explain the money was on its way and attempted to preasure him to ship the car right away using money out of pocket to pay for shipping. he eventually got the check for the car and for shipping the car. needless to say...it was bad check.

the real mesed up part...this all took place over the phone using a translater because apparently the guy didnt speak english.

moral to that story: if it seems to good to be true... it is.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
gmherps
Quote:
A gentlemen by the name of Ward contacted me about some hypos I have for sell.
Was his last name Cleaver????!!!!! haha.
Just a joke!

Old 05-11-2004, 07:43 PM   #5
odatria
Quote:
Originally posted by gregh
Was his last name Cleaver????!!!!! haha.
Just a joke!
No, Ward is his Last name. His first name is Montgomery.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:21 PM   #6
James W. Arnold
He e mailed me as well

His name is Jolly Ward, he says he's from Canada, He tried to send me a money order for a few snakes. Funny thing is, he replied to many different adds I had up, and they where all the same. I replied with telling him to call me and gave him my number. He never called and re e mailed me and said he under stood my concerns. Well, in my e mail all I said was to contact me, I expressed no concerns at all. It looks like this guy just cuts and past his e mail replies. I would stay away from him!

James W. Arnold

Old 05-14-2004, 12:30 AM   #7
SERPENTOR
More on this old scam

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=37859

Old 05-14-2004, 07:01 AM   #8
Chris's herps
Someone with thename William West also tried to do the same to me. He wanted to buy a 600 dollar trio of kings from me, but long story short he sent me a 3300 check and asked me to cash it and to send it back to his his shipper via western union. I denyied his request because to me it sounds like some money laundering thing. Any ideas on what I should do?
Thanks Chris Clark

Old 05-14-2004, 07:34 AM   #9
JMelissaMc
Total Scam

Don't do anything. This is a total scam. The check or money order that he sent you is NO GOOD! So the idea is that you send him the product plus the amount he overpaid and you are out of your animals PLUS the cash that you sent him. The common name of this scam is the Nigerian Scam.

Old 05-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #10
Da_Ru
I just got this e mail.

gary banks [southernsea@europe.com]

RE: Message about: 2004 Albino BOAS

Dear Drew,

I willlike to buy one of the abinos for $1150,Iwill also add $1800 that youwillhelpme send tomy shipper when the check clears.If this is okby you dosend the name an address where the checkwillbe sent to.Thank you for your help.

Gary

Drew McHenry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!