Gotta love Tapinauchenius! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
LPacker79
Gotta love Tapinauchenius!

My darling girls, my obsession......

Adult female Tapinauchenius purpureus

Subadult female Tapinauchenius sp....suspected to be plumipes

Subadult female Tapinauchenius cupreus, picture taken the day she arrived.

Adult female Tapinauchenius plumipes

Adult female Tapinauchenius latipes

Adult female Tapinauchenius gigas

And the same lady breeding. Her water was clean before I introduced the male! He took a nosedive in her water dish and chose to stay there a good 10 minutes. Silly spider!

One of my Tapinauchenius elenae slings. Cute little buggers!

No pictures yet of my subadult female elenae or of the two undescribed Tapinauchenius females yet, but I'll get some soon!

Old 01-14-2005, 03:13 AM   #2
latrodectusfan
Good stuff Leanne.
Feel free to mail them out to me anytime

Old 01-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
LPacker79
Quote:
Originally Posted by latrodectusfan
Good stuff Leanne.
Feel free to mail them out to me anytime
Hahahahahahahaha! Oh you're a funny one Jason! Dwayne keeps telling me the same thing, and I tell him he can have them when I die. Actually, even that's not the truth.....Sky's been promised both of my latipes if anything happens to me, but I just might be selfish and have them buried with me!

Unless Scott wants them..........

Old 01-15-2005, 07:25 AM   #4
John Apple
Great pics

Taps ...Man it has been some time since I had some taps...over eight years.!! Purpureus and gigas and plumipes I had and bred all three...been thinking about getting them again as I am getting back into arboreals.
Everything I have is mostly terrestrial with the exception of a few odd avics.

So what happened with the breeding of the gigas??? was it productive ??

Old 01-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
LPacker79
Yep, the Taps make up about 1/4 of my collection (I have 25 or 26 Taps now). I've been in love ever since I bought a little cupreus sling from Art in the summer of 03. I'm almost positive I have the largest and most extensive collection of this genus in the US. Many of these ladies are ready for love, just need to locate some males!

The gigas made a sac, but it wasn't any good. That was right around the time SSW and Jake H. in Florida had good sacs of that species.

The adult purpureus I just bought from John Morris back in August of this year. Hung out with him and his wife for about 3 hours just talking spiders. Super guy! But since you go to the Taylor show, you already know that! I also have a subadult female that's going to be looking for a boyfriend soon also.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
John Apple
If you got the purpurea her in our good old cold state it is probably a direct decendent from the 200 or so I sold here in Michigan about 9 years ago.

And yes John is a great guy , we have done many trades over the years and breeding loans

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!