whats everyones opinion of the scalless cornsnakes? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #51
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's View Post
i agree with them bein emoryi, thaTs what they were sold to me as, no differant then creamsickles, i dont understand why people accept creamsickles but have an issue with these
Not everyone digs the creamcicles either. It's all a matter of opinion, and you did ask ;-)

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #52
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmikeal View Post
The ones that I worked with were 1.1 Texas Rats and 0.1 Everglades Rat... I do agree with the fact that they are overpriced, but anything that is new or a different color phase that has not been seen before is going to be high. Plus from what I have learned with the breeding of them is that not every baby is scaleless... They are unique if nothing else
your 100% correct like the white in pied ball pythons you never know how many scales they will have till they are born

Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #53
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Not everyone digs the creamcicles either. It's all a matter of opinion, and you did ask ;-)
i know i asked, if i seem to have an attitude towards you i apoligize, i dont and i dont mean for my posts to come off that way, hmmm thats interesting ive never heard a negative word about creamcycles, really 100% of what ive heard has been the complete oppisite, hey i do apreciate your input

Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #54
KelliH
Quote:
i know i asked, if i seem to have an attitude towards you i apoligize, i dont and i dont mean for my posts to come off that way, hmmm thats interesting ive never heard a negative word about creamcycles, really 100% of what ive heard has been the complete oppisite, hey i do apreciate your input
Well, take my opinion for what's it worth. I'm not into cornsnakes; never have been/never will be. But I do know that corn x emoryi = not 100% pure corn

Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #55
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Well, take my opinion for what's it worth. I'm not into cornsnakes; never have been/never will be. But I do know that corn x emoryi = not 100% pure corn
no there not but theres no possibility of these animals every returning to the wild so IMO have at it, ok and yes i suppose some people are returning them to the wild we all kn ow they shouldnt do that though, so with that being said yes these are livging creatures that deserve the best care we can provide but the color mutations are all art and anyo ne who owns something other that a pure wild looking animal is part of the machine that produces the living art, just my opinion, i dont have a problem with people crossing species, as long as the animals are properly cared for i think people should do what makes them happy

dont get me wrong i do respect your opinion actualy a long time ago I used to think along the same lines, without poeple who believe in keeping them pure real fast all there is going to be is mutts for future generations to enjoy, well after doing this as long as I have one day i realized theres always going to be enough peoiple such as yourself keeping pure lines they will exsist

now as far as these being crossed if you nseem them in person i think youd agreed they are cossed with emory no doubt but i dont see anything in them that even resembles texas rat in them, there heads due toi lack of scales look very strang but seeing them in person you realize its due to lack of scales and not them being crossed with texas rats or burmese pythons or some crazy shit like that, IMO its the same idiot claiming they are in never ending pain that is claiming they are a TR cross, theres always gotta be someone who doesnt like something and works very hard to disscredit it

Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #56
KelliH
i wish you the best with them. It's not personal and trust me, I've been criticized many times about projects I've opted to work with so I understand. I'm sure you'll do fine with them.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #57
Classic Dum's
Quote:
i wish you the best with them. It's not personal and trust me, I've been criticized many times about projects I've opted to work with so I understand. I'm sure you'll do fine with them.
hey thanks same to you!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #58
garweft
I'm not big on them. A lot of keepers have issues with scaleless snakes, add that to the fact they are hybrids, and you've effectively eliminated about 75+% of the possible market on them. And it's not like cornsnakes sell very well to start with anymore.

Nice pickup on the Tessera....

Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #59
garweft
Quote:
IMO its the same idiot claiming they are in never ending pain that is claiming they are a TR cross, theres always gotta be someone who doesnt like something and works very hard to disscredit it
Wow, well aren't you just a darling.....

Emory or Texas rat a mutt is a mutt.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #60
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Wow, well aren't you just a darling.....

Emory or Texas rat a mutt is a mutt.
a mutt is a mutt but it does make a differance if its a tr mutt or an emory mutt, atleast IMO it does and people such as myself who like these it seems to be the general consencious, 9 outta 10 people(atleast that ive dealt with) dont think twice about an creamsickle bein a corn

honestly if these were TR crosses i wouldnt touch them, to me an emoiry is IMO basically a corn, i hoestly dont veiw these as mutts, but a TR cross i would veiw like a bateater, neat to look at, if that what makes you happy have at it, IMO its a true mutt and they are to far apart as far as species go for my liking, like breeding a poodle and a rottweiler....yuck!

IMO an emory is simply a dark looking corn
I never said my thinking and or logic makes sense lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!