This Guy is Un-freaking-believable! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
scaledverts
This Guy is Un-freaking-believable!

See this story. He let two venomous snakes bite his daughter b/c he had them "devenomated".........really..........really. This is the same guy that started his own scientific journal so he could rename a bunch of venomous species.

I believe the crappy parent of the year goes to.........this guy.

This REALLY gets my blood boiling! Why did he have to involve another person let alone a child and his daughter.......

http://www.news.com.au/national/hand...-1226112025389

Text
Quote:
A SNAKE handler has been slammed after letting normally deadly snakes bite his 10-year-old daughter to prove they are de-venomised and safe.

Man allows snakes to bite his daughter’s arm to prove they’re not venomous. Vision- Raymond Hoser snake bite demonstration.

"Snakeman" Raymond Hoser allowed a taipan and a death adder to bite his daughter while a shopping centre audience watched on, the Herald Sun reported.

The handler, 49, said the video proved that despite being convicted of breaching his Commercial Wildlife Demonstrator Licence, there was never any risk.

He was fined $12,000 in the County Court last week for demonstrating with venomous snakes less than three metres from the public, working in accessible pits and demonstrating in a way that put the animals at risk of theft in 2008 and 2009.

He said the July video demonstration, which left his daughter with bleeding puncture wounds in her forearm, had proved his snakes were not venomous.

"She was only bleeding and if they'd been venomous she'd have been dead in two minutes," Hoser said.

"If I'm confident to do that to her, it shows you I have never used a snake with venom."

Hoser, of Park Orchards, is the director of reptile education company Snakebusters.

Australian Childhood Foundation chief executive Joe Tucci said children should never be put through an ordeal to prove a point.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
Flatlander
Wow. Unbelievable. What a loser, he lets the snakes bite his own kid? This guy needs to be locked up.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
BobOblak
I am just glad this did not happen in the US.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
rcarichter
Is this for real? He just received a fine? Encouraging any animal to bite your child for entertainment should be punishable by jail time.

Noelle

Old 08-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
aleria
Arg, I swear I really think some of us need to get out there and try to get some good press for our reptiles and as reptile owners. All we ever hear about is morons like this, doing stupid things that are going to make us all have to give up one of the things we love the most.

I really just don't understand how any pet hobby draws so many idiots that do stupid things. Between backyard dog/cat breeders that keep them caged up 24/7 in their own filth just for breeding and those into reptiles doing things that will cause the reptiles or others harm, they really are just giving that much more ammo to places like peta.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Wow, thats just ridiculous. Ive seen some stupid things done on some of these "animal" shows but involving your kids, who in their right mind would ever......

Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
Alex G
WTF?????

Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
the gecko geek
He should change his last name from "Hoser" to "Loser"..
What parent would ever do that to their child? Even IF the child volunteered I wouldn't let them.

This guy deserves to be bitten by a "venomous" Taipan and death adder...just to prove how the venom works..

Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Alex G
Interesting... From another forum I frequent:
Quote:
Australian reptile owners need some help. This guy is on the news every month or two for doing some horendous and is making reptile owners look like dangerous lunatics.

We can't even organize to stop him on our local reptile forums because hes lurking everywhere waiting to fire off complaints about trade marks and libel to spineless webhosts.

What should we do? At the current rate hes going to seriously hurt or kill someone which could lead to us losing our pets if the media gets hysterical and the government over reacts.
Name:  1312991003725.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  173.8 KB

Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Alex G
Goes by adder on the forums here.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=66792

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!