A few shots of the Bitterroot Valley - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Shadera
A few shots of the Bitterroot Valley

Went down to "our" house today for some stuff, and I grabbed a few pictures. I know Dennis had wanted to see some, since he likes the area, but I figured I might as well put 'em up on the main forum.

Everything is still hazy from all the fires, which is a shame. When that valley is clear, you can literally see for miles. So pretty. There's still a little snow left at the top of some of the range's peaks, even though it's been 90+ for several weeks now.

St. Mary's Peak, practically in our backyard.

And then the other side of the valley. Mountains in the haze.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Lucille
Beautiful, beautiful mountains views. It looks gorgeous and peaceful.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
snowgyre
*le sigh* I miss Montana so much. I lived in Bozeman from 2003-2005 and I loved the Bridgers while I was there. Lovely photos!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
That's Great, Shadera! So, it is a done deal and you have the keys? Glad you found your piece of bitterroot.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Shadera
Sorry I missed this. >.<

Thanks guys!

Had the inspection today, and the guy was stunned that a house built in '97 looked as great inside and out as this one does. It's well built, and very well taken care of. All the little stuff totalled is going to be less than a grand to fix. We're thrilled. Spoke to one of the owners today, and we're fairly certain they're going to toss in the llama and the snowblower we want.

Closing date is September 12th.

Oh and, the hot tub has some nice views of the western range, for great sunsets.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post

Oh and, the hot tub has some nice views of the western range, for great sunsets.
How romantic!!! It sounds perfect!!
Take pictures of the cute llama if you get it, hope you do.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
rcarichter
Seriously, you get a llama, too? Very fun!

Noelle

Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Seriously, you get a llama, too? Very fun!

Noelle
We hope so. I was wanting one anyways as a livestock guardian to keep the coyotes and other small predators from getting my calves, chickens, etc etc etc and the llama fits the bill. A dog would be way too much work, and for just ten acres, probably overkill.

This guy's big, chocolate brown, and oh so fuzzy. I'll get some pictures of him next time I'm down there.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Shadera
Picture from today. Same view as in the first picture in my original post. The smoke has been BAD lately, and air quality is horrible. Can't wait for fire season to be over, and I hope we have a long time before the next time it crawls into the valley. (Oh, and that's the llama in the foreground we were hoping they'd let us keep. Went to the neighbor until it can be rehomed with the 2 horses. )

We closed yesterday, it's officially ours so the real work can begin.

(Also attached one of my soon-to-be new snake room and it's hideous, evil bright peachness. *gag*) There's a little blackboard that runs all the way around it. Kinda neat, but I have no idea what I'll do with that. Can't rip it off, because it's glued and I don't want to damage the wall underneath.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
radera5
Woww. It looks AMAZING! So beautiful, huge congrats to you! It's a great feeling isn't it ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!