Inquiry Deborah Broadus-Muskauski - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #31
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps View Post
Deb,

Try Superior Enterprises. They have all kinds of heat and cold packs at decent prices. Their website is www.superiorenterprise.com. Hope it helps!

Kelly
I am sorry Kelly, I have the flu or I would have remembered, cause I get my boxes from them.

Thanks for the reminder (going off to check).

Old 10-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #32
deborahbroadus
Cause Harald knows that I am of the mind that if a little is ok..a lot will work better...is 72 hour heat packs too much?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #33
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playballp View Post
I would have do disagree with that. One pays for a service that guarantees delivery before 10:30 am of the next day, if they cant commit to their word then is time to switch to a different carrier or get your money refunded (hey free shipping) every time they mess up. Location is not a good reason to fail to deliver on a commit time whether you're buying a snake or a car decal from Ebay.

*comments are just regarding overall shipping practices, has nothing to do with a snake arriving cold or using inadequate heating packs
there is a clause that allows for later shipments to areas like mine in the fedex terms, if i remember correctly.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #34
Diego Velarde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
there is a clause that allows for later shipments to areas like mine in the fedex terms, if i remember correctly.
I see what you mean now Alicia, thanks

Old 10-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #35
Wolfy-hound
I'm in a non-covered area as well. I used to tell people not to bother paying for the "in by 10:30am", bcause the package would NOT arrive before noon, and if you paid for overnight, you'd get the package to me by noon.. that's just when the delivery guys reach my area.
When I complained, I was informed I did not live in a area covered by the 10:30am arrival. I told them that it should come up on the computer when the package is sent, so that the person shipping would know it RIGHT then and not pay the extra, or not ship!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #36
kmurphy
Quote:
The thread was an INQUIRY. Not a bad guy thread. So what's the problem? People are not allowed to make inquiries to see if others had similar experiences? Or make inquiries for any reason? I dont see inquiries ever being a waste of time.
The problem I have with his inquiry Sammy is its purpose. He has received the snake and for now at least it appears okay. Deb has been in contact with him about the heat pack and shipping delay. There is no reason to believe she wouldn't stand behind her sale with another snake or refund should it come to that. It doesn't appear that he intends to order another one from Deb in the near future. So in my opinion what he has done is an attempt to disguise a warning as an inquiry.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #37
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Cause Harald knows that I am of the mind that if a little is ok..a lot will work better...is 72 hour heat packs too much?

I think they tell you the max-min heat times/temps in the order description (I haven't ordered any in a while) so you might want to check on the peak heat temps on those and calculate the time in transit. FWIW I've never had to use anything over 60.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #38
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahBroadus
Deborah - as I mentioned in our private conversation, getting the heat packs right can be confusing (and, as in just about every other case we've discussed, more is not necessarily better, lol). All heat packs are not created equal...the shorter lived the pack the faster it heats up, and the hotter it gets. In most of our regular shipping situations, 60 and 72 hr packs are unnecessary...they will be delivered long before they even reach their peak temps. *There is a comparison of the different heat packs on Superior Enterprise's site.

Under the circumstances (the snake is outwardly healthy, you have acknowledged a potential problem with your shipping method & want to fix it, and you have already made a good faith offer to pay to have the snake returned to you), a more in-depth discussion of heat packs is more suited to the shipping forum.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #39
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
I'm in a non-covered area as well. I used to tell people not to bother paying for the "in by 10:30am", bcause the package would NOT arrive before noon, and if you paid for overnight, you'd get the package to me by noon.. that's just when the delivery guys reach my area.
When I complained, I was informed I did not live in a area covered by the 10:30am arrival. I told them that it should come up on the computer when the package is sent, so that the person shipping would know it RIGHT then and not pay the extra, or not ship!
Actually, when you prepare the shipment online if the shipper takes the time to hit the "get rate and transit time" button it will show you what time they "guarantee" the arrival time.

Also, the waiver that you sign with FedEx to ship reptiles specifically states that they must be shipped "priority overnight". In addition the contract also states that even if they don't deliver on time the "money back guarantee" is waived.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #40
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
The problem I have with his inquiry Sammy is its purpose. He has received the snake and for now at least it appears okay. Deb has been in contact with him about the heat pack and shipping delay. There is no reason to believe she wouldn't stand behind her sale with another snake or refund should it come to that. It doesn't appear that he intends to order another one from Deb in the near future. So in my opinion what he has done is an attempt to disguise a warning as an inquiry.

my point exactly. thats all i was trying to say just couldnt find the right words for it to not sound sarcastic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!