Mice Direct - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #41
Nirvana
I just got an order from Mice Direct, and I'd say I'm pretty happy with them. The large rats look LARGE, and the smalls are a good size. Everything is still frozen solid, which is good. The rats seem pretty clean as well; no pee or shavings on them. I haven't thawed anything out yet, so I guess I can't say for sure if the rats will be stinky... So far so good though.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #42
John Albrecht
Only cause I have to

I get a lot of my mice from MiceDirect. But I admit that the only reason I do it is because of price. I prefer TheMouseFactory by a long shot but their prices are just not feasible for me anymore.

After using MD for a while now I have to say that I think the quality is pretty low. I've been wondering if it's because I'm a small timer and only pick up a few hundred at a time. The bags come ripped and the animals are usually filthy. They seem to have trouble getting me the size fuzzies and pinks I order but I've still been able to use them anyway. I didnt' even think of the worm stuff until someone brought it up here... At least the stuff arrives on time.

What I really want is TMF quality at MD prices.

-John Albrecht

Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #43
Susan S.
What you describe is totally unacceptable!

"After using MD for a while now I have to say that I think the quality is pretty low. I've been wondering if it's because I'm a small timer and only pick up a few hundred at a time. The bags come ripped and the animals are usually filthy. They seem to have trouble getting me the size fuzzies and pinks I order but I've still been able to use them anyway. I didnt' even think of the worm stuff until someone brought it up here... At least the stuff arrives on time."

Bags come ripped...and the animals are usually filthy??? How could anyone be accepting of such an order? I don't buy any rodents as I raise my own here. But I do often put down excess quantities of all sizes of rats and mice with CO2 gas and bag them up with a vacuum sealer to sell to friends. I prepare them in precisely the same way I would want to receive them. I pick out the feces and even sometimes wipe the butts off because that is what I would want.....clean! Granted, I am not providing a huge quantity to folks across the country, but I absolutely WOULD NOT accept what was described above. I would be on the phone talking with someone the moment I discovered that. Perhaps few complain and MD gets away with selling in this manner. I would not let them treat me that way and if they refuse to rectify the situation, it would be the last time they heard from me.

You are feeding your animals with these "filthy, feces encrusted" rodents.....do you really want to do that? And, OMG....worms???? I cannot believe that anyone would accept a product with all of these shortcomings.
You all have a right to receive the quality product they SAY they will provide you with.....demand it!

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles
www.ssnakes.com

Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #44
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan S
You are feeding your animals with these "filthy, feces encrusted" rodents.....do you really want to do that? And, OMG....worms???? I cannot believe that anyone would accept a product with all of these shortcomings.
You all have a right to receive the quality product they SAY they will provide you with.....demand it!

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles
www.ssnakes.com
I didn't. I threw out the order. It was disgusting. I was able to get some money back from them for some of it, but in the end, I lost the money for shipping and part of the order.

I will NEVER do business with them again.

The disgusting feeders they sent me were totally unacceptable.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #45
Bill Galloway
"What I really want is TMF quality at MD prices."

You get what you pay for.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #46
SPJ
Not really.
The feeders from Mice Direct aren't even worth the prices they charge.

They are disgusting and unuseable.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #47
rattler
They must not like you guys. lol. I've never received any feces encrusted mice or poor quality mice at all. I also use Rodent Pro from time to time and they are equally the same except for price.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #48
jglass38
I just got my second order from Mice Direct. I generally order from Big Cheese but I wanted to give Mice Direct a try. The first order was unsatisfactory. The small rats were barely wean size. I chalked it up to a mistake on their end and they promised to discount me on the next order. I gave them another chance and the rodents I got were ok. I ordered 2 bags of adult mice and a bag of rat pinks. Not the best quality mice I have ever seen but again, ok. I think I am making the mistake of comparing them to Big Cheese which in my opinion are the best quality frozen rodents out there. Perfection every single time. Take it as you will!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #49
rabernet
Being that I am somewhat local to Mice Direct, another herper local to me was making a run to Mice Direct to pick up live mice and rats and asked if I'd like some mice. At $1 less per head than what I pay at the pet store, I had him pick up 25 and did ask for all female (as this was going to be 2 week's supply and I really wasn't interested in unexpected litters and wanted to cut down on the smell by not having males marking territories).

I am very pleased with the quality of the mice - in great condition and health and no fights amongst the ladies. I won't hesitate to take this herper up on another offer to pick up more live mice from Mice Direct for me.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #50
Pythons Rock
I have had 1 dealing with Mice direct. I made and paid for the order. They later called me and I was told the shipping charge was incorrect it was a lot higher than the quote I got and paid for. They gave me the option of paying the extra shipping or canceling the order for a full refund. The shipping was double the quote so I opted to cancel the order. They apologized greatly and promptly refunded my money in full within two days. I feel this is an honest business that cares for it's customers. They took the time to let me know what was going on and made a prompt refund when asked. That is super service and great business quality IMO.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!