Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #31
rusticreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
A few words about internal parasites.

Both ball's were fed mostly live rodents and snakes that feed on these have shown to carry internal parasites. she asked what they were feeding on and I told her.

She also asked about the origin of the captive hatched thin stripe female. I told her it was a captive hatched and not a captive bred ball python. the likely hood of a captive hatched BP having internal parasites is extremely high. its smart to visit a vet with any new snake purchase like this to do fecals to remove internal parasites. if you feed live rodents the chance of them having internal parasites on the next fecal exam is almost guaranteed. its a preventative maintenance thing that should be done regularly. some do it every 6 months some every 12 months. both BP's had good body weight and both were instant feeders. both were very healthy the day they were shipped.

I shipped on the day requested. if her temps were so far below anything safe she should have had me hold them until it was warmer.
Where did I ask about the CH? I know that she is bound to have parasites. I don't recall having a discussion about her.

The snake in question is your captive bred black pastel....

Yes, you did ship in the day requested, when you said you could ship right away! You KNOW better, I didn't, I sure do now though!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
TripleMoonsExotic
Hate to point out the obvious, but a female Black Pastel is worth far more then a male. You're asking him to refund the purchase price and you want to keep her? That's a stretch.

It's pretty standard to ship the animal back you're having issues with and get a refund or replacement. Asking to keep the female Black Pastel and have a refund issued is ludicrous.

Return the snake, get your refund or replacement. While I dislike the method, you can ship via SYR.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
dragonluver83
I cannot believe those animals were even shipped in those temps? Honestly what the hell were either of you thinking? An since you agreed to ship those animals in those temps i feel sorry for the snakes and not as sorry for you. Bad thing is i dont think its getting to much warmer to be shipping anytime soon. and those animals need treatment. or needed treatment. Should ed compensate her for treating those animals? Even if she could ship those animals back to him right now they would still need treatment before being re sold, right??? So maybe some kinda refund should be issued for the treatment of the parasites? Ed does give a 30 day guarantee on mis-sexed animals. Nicole has he contacted you back about your mis-sexed snake? Also did Ed tell you he bred the snakes, then said he cant give you parents gene's?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #34
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Hate to point out the obvious, but a female Black Pastel is worth far more then a male. You're asking him to refund the purchase price and you want to keep her? That's a stretch.

It's pretty standard to ship the animal back you're having issues with and get a refund or replacement. Asking to keep the female Black Pastel and have a refund issued is ludicrous.

Return the snake, get your refund or replacement. While I dislike the method, you can ship via SYR.
I am glad you pointed that out. As someone that does not know the snake side of the house that well i wouldnt know the value difference. What is a Female Black pastel worth? In comparrison to the 300 he paid for the supposed male? Perhaps this situation could be split down the middle. Just split the difference between the value of a female of this bloodline and the cost that has been incurred for vet bills. essentially say the OP has 675 into the snake, the snake turns out toe be worth xxx, just refund that amount.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #35
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
Yes but then after that the feesability of the vets sexing method was called into question. What i was hoping to see was what would need to be done for the sex to be verified in the eyes of Ed.
All I need is the snake that the sex is questioned be sent back to me, then I send a replacement and refund the shipping charges to me and I will pay the return shipping charges to her.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #36
Ed Clark
The heat packs were called hand warmers which they are not.

I have been shipping herps for a long time and have never used anything other than whats in this pic. they are 40 hour heat packs.

This is the type of insulated box that was used, in the cold I also add and extra layer of the flexible insulation pictured rolled up in the box.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I am glad you pointed that out. As someone that does not know the snake side of the house that well i wouldnt know the value difference. What is a Female Black pastel worth? In comparrison to the 300 he paid for the supposed male? Perhaps this situation could be split down the middle. Just split the difference between the value of a female of this bloodline and the cost that has been incurred for vet bills. essentially say the OP has 675 into the snake, the snake turns out toe be worth xxx, just refund that amount.
Well, '09 males are averaging $250 and females are usually $200-300 more. I'm assuming we're talking '08 hatching (or very, very early '09) since she's talking about breeding the male this year, so prices would be higher. I imagine it just about evens out.

I think it's moot at this point really since Ed has already offered a pretty standard resolution to the miss-sexing. Return the snake, get a replacement.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #38
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post

I agree that the female is more expensive but if you were specifically getting a male that is close to breeding age that is what you want not a female that is around 2 years away from breeding. I agree that keeping the female and asking for a refund is a lot.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #39
dragonluver83
?

Quote:
Im not a snake guy so forgive me, but who cares about the $$$. Nicole wanted a male got a female. obviously she wants a male and if she still wants a male after knowing the above. She is entitled to it. Ed obviously didnt loose anything because he didnt even know the sex. Even thought it was supposedly sexed!!! Ed by his own words said 30 day sex guarantee and should replace it. As he posted he would.
I am still curious if the snake was already treated for the parasites??? An also curious if he sends you a replacement snake what condition will it be in? Will it need treatment for the same parasite? Sounds like a double headache. Maybe you should treat the animals you got and look for a male somewhere else.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #40
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticreptiles View Post
ED, you have posted twice on here now. Would you please shoot me an email so we can talk!
Will do, I have been off line since about Wednesday. had some major comp probs to deal with. the only email I sent you was from the library.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog