Busted In Va. John Donahue And Tuwachua Serpents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
SNAKESALLAROUND
Busted In Va. John Donahue And Tuwachua Serpents

ORANGE COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL RAIDED A WAREHOUSE IN ORANGE VA THAT WAS BEING RENTED BY JOHN DONAHOE, FORMARLLY TUWACHUA SERPENTS. IN THE RAID THEY FOUND 65 ANIMALS AND ABOUT 30% WERE FOUND DEAD. THE TEMPERATURE IN THE BUILDING WAS 50 DEGREES AND NO HEAT WAS ON THE ANIMALS. IN THIS WAS HIGHEND BOAS BURMS AND BALLS. ALONG WITH THE DEAD RODENTS THAT HE WAS SELLING AS ORANGE COUNTY RODENTS AND REPTILES. HE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH 52 COUNTS OF ANIMAL CRUELTY AND NEGLECT. A HEARING IS SET IN ORANGE VA FOR WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 4TH. WHAT MAKES THIS SO DISTURBING IS THE FACT THAT HE OWED ALOT OF MONEY AND IT SEEMS HE JUST GAVE UP ON THE ANIMALS. HE COULD HAVE EASILY SOLD THE ANIMALS TO MAKE GOOD ON HIS DEBTS. ALL THIS INFO IS DIRECT FROM ORANGE COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS AND NOT HEARSAY.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
sputnik
Is there a link to ORANGE COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL about this to verify this?

Old 02-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
SNAKESALLAROUND
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL 540-672-1124 AND ASK FOR CHAD. HE IS THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER FOR THE CASE.
THANKS
JASON

Old 02-03-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
markwebb
Brumating

Maybe they were in brumation?

Old 02-03-2004, 07:26 PM   #5
ReticEd
Boids.. brumating? hehehehe.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
Brian Oakley
I am not sure if that was a joke or not.

Snakes do not lay lifeless when in brumation. In fact, they still drink, move, could even shed or eat in brumation.
Even if his plan was brumating them, the temps were only off by 20 degrees!
Not suggesting you are one of these, but some people have this thought that snakes, while in brumation, 'sleep' the whole time.

Anyway, so sorry for the snakes and the people that will not get paid. I hope the authorities throw the book at him. It is time for people who do not care for their animals (of any kind) pay the price for it.
I remember here in Phx. a few years ago there was an older lady who had some 3-5 DOZEN cats living in her house. Fedies and urine everywhere. SOme people are flat discusting when it comes to caring for animals.

Hopefully they will be able to save the others that were still alive.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #7
SNAKESALLAROUND
NO HE OWED MONEY TO THE LANDLORD OF THE WAREHOUSE AND WAS HIDING FROM HIM AND THAT IS WHY HE WASNT TAKING CARE OF THE ANIMALS. NONE OF THEM HAD WATER OR HEAT AND THE ONES THAT SURVIVED INCLUDING A ONE OF A KIND STRIPED BOA WHICH HE HAD BEEN OFFERED OVER 50K FOR IN THE PAST ALL HAVE RESP THAT MIGHT BE IREVERSIBLE. THIS IS A NOTHING MORE THAN SOMEBODY THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT HIMSELF AND FINALLY ITS CATCHING UP WITH HIM. ITS PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT MAKE THE LAWMAKERS COME UP WITH ALL THESE CRAZY LAWS TO HURT OUR INDUSTRY.

JASON

Old 02-03-2004, 08:32 PM   #8
Brian Oakley
When I said I was not sure if it was a joke or not, I was referring to the post that said maybe they were brumating.

Like ReticEd said, boids don't brumate anyway.

even colubrids I used to have did not lay lifeless and everything else I said in my earlier post.

Old 02-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #9
meretseger
There are a couple types of Erycines (russian sand boas, rubber boas) that brumate. Temps in the 50's would kill some other kinds of sand boas pretty quickly though.

Erin Benner

Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 PM   #10
Rainbowboaman
Jason,
Being that you just registered today & posted same day about someone (which is really unusual unless you were told to do so). You should probably post some type of evidence to back up your story, which to this point is just that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!