Reptile Show in PA? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-20-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
AquamanX
Reptile Show in PA?

Is anyone Going or has anyone gone to The Northwestern Berks Reptile Show & Sale? It's in Pennsylvania on June 4th. I'll be going there to buy a new Leopard Gecko. I just don't know what I'm looking for. There are so many different Morphs that will be there. I have NO CLUE what I want. I really Like the Paternless, But, I also like the Albinos, The Giants , & Snows... LOL! Well To round it all off. I Like Most All of the Morphs! I already have a Hi-Yellow Female, not sure If I want to try & breed her though. So, I'm not sure if I should look for a Male or another Female. But, I Do know I wanted maybe a 3-4 Gecko Colony. Do any of you People have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve X.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
WizardLizards
My husband has sold there for us before and we have been to many of the shows there. I do have to say that there aren't alot of leo breeders there. There are a couple. I'm sure when we get back in from vacation on Tues. he'll be on here and can tell you a little more.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
AquamanX
Sweet, I was hoping someone on here has gone before. I missed the last two in NH. I can't find any breeders here in R.I. except this one place, But they only had 2 when I went there. 1 was a (Tremper?) Giant (looked Great!) & 1 was a Paternless (which looked OK but not as healthy as I would have liked, Plus it's tail was Kinked.)

Steve X.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
hhmoore
I have been to the Hamburg show (much easier to say than The Northwestern Berks Reptile Show & Sale) many times, as both a vendor and consumer. It had always been one of my favorites, though I have found myself less than enchanted recently - I think this is largely due to the combination of limited variety in the "off season" and my own more limited interests. The June show was always my favorite and I will be there to see.
In any event, I believe Rhonda is correct. There are some leopard breeders there, but not more than a handful of them. Admittedly, I have not dealt with geckos in more than a cursory manner; so I am unable to speak to the variety of morphs that should be there. As for what you should get...that choice can only come from within, grasshopper. if you cannot decide on the color/pattern/sex you want (ie. you want them all), decide based on what you can afford. If you are one of the lucky ones that has sufficient cash stores, buy them all, lol...as long as you can provide the proper care to everything you bring home.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
nicolai
Hamburg huh...

I go to all the hamburg shows. They usually have a wide variety of stuff there. I will be going to the june show to sell some boas and to buy some leos and crested. Diamond reptile breeders is going to be there too and i go to thier table to ogle over the dwarf crocs wishing that i could have one.
There is usually three big leo breeders there and you also get the various "home" breeders there selling some as well.
I am hoping to trade some red tail or sand boas for some nice leos and stuff.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
SPJ
Hamburg would be more for picking up hots than leos IMO.

The WP show has a much larger leo selection.

Hamburg is good but not one of the better ones as far as selection of breeders.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:05 AM   #7
AquamanX
Steve,
What's a "Hot"? (sorry for my Ignorance...) I'm sure someone there will have something I want... I hope... LOL!

Steve X.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:11 AM   #8
hhmoore
a "hot" is a venomous snake (or lizard)

Old 05-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #9
nicolai
the WP show...

The bad thing about the white plains show is that there are no venemous, no large boids, no large monitors and if my memory is correct no turtles ( not to sure on the turtles though). I like the shows that you go to that you'll have the possibiliy of seeing anything and everything.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
WizardLizards
Hey Steve,

As Rhonda stated, I have sold at the Hamburg show. I will say it is a limited venue for leos. As Nicolai said there are a few breeders, and the selection does leave a little to be desired. I would check the vendor listing to see who might be there, but it is often incorrect. You will find some decent breeders, as well as brokers who deal in other herps besides leos. My advice to you is to get there early, and make a full tour to see whats available before you buy. Also take a good long hard look at some of the animals you might want to buy. I have seen some leos in real bad shape, but there should be plenty of quality animals.

As far as advice from us, I will give you this. Buy whatever you want! LOL As addictive as this hobby is, you will have all the morphs you want in no time anyway.

Unfortunately I will miss this one, both as a vendor (my eggs are still cooking) and as a customer(going to a concert that day). Good luck, good herping, and most of all have fun!

Tony

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!