Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #1
JBC86
Underground Reptiles

I recently purchased a $250 sub-adult lavender mosaic Brooks kingsnake described as "male" and "approximately 43 inches". The snake I received is a 27 inch female. The snake appears healthy but I feel like such an obvious discrepancy is a deliberate misrepresentation.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
tlmoon
Sorry to hear that...have you contacted them to see if they will remedy the situation?

Old 01-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
UndergroundReptiles
I'm very sorry to hear this. I show no order under the name you have listed on this Fauna Account. If you were sent the wrong animal I will gladly pay to have it sent back, and provide you the proper animal or a full refund. Please tell me if there is a different name on the account and your order number. I apologize for the inconvenience and we will definitely make this right with you.

Rian Gittman

Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
JBC86
The name on the order is exactly as it is here, Jon Chrismond. I purchased the last lavender mosaic in stock, and your website now says out of stock, so I don’t know what you could possibly replace her with.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
UndergroundReptiles
I'm sorry the name here said Jon Benjamin. That's where the confusion is. I show you received your shipment on the 3rd and we sent a follow up email to find out how the shipment was. I also called, but your voicemail is not set up. I need you to email me when you can with a picture of the animal on a tape measure, and I will get this animal shipped back for a full refund and I will also send you an additional discount for your next order to make up for this. Please send those photos to info@undergroundreptiles.com today, and I will get this taken care of for you right away. Thank you.

Rian Gittman

Old 01-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
Vorlon1
So many of us assume ill will when we don't get what we want. You said you don't know what they could possibly replace her with. Now that is the truth. You are not a reptile wholesaler that buys and sells hundreds of reptiles each week. So you wouldn't know...

I bet Rian Gittman will get it right. But...... Oh my gosh it might take a week or two....

I don't work for underground or even know them well. But if they want to stay in business they will satisfy their customers....

Old 01-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
BlueCrowned
Well shoot, if you hate her that much I'll take her... lol

Old 01-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #8
Vorlon1
Also think about the fact that 4 days a week they ship between 75 and 200 animals. All boxed and packaged by minimum wage employees. Florida is a right to work state, so their minimum wage is considerably less than other states. My guess is they shipped out 5-8 of those snakes and put the wrong one in the wrong box.

I F'up several times a day. Be assertive and get what you paid for, but nothing is obvious. I am pretty sure that they did not purposely send you the wrong animal.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #9
Vorlon1
By the way, I have been catching and buying reptiles for more that 45 years. Businesses that don't serve their customers don't last very long. Yes, I am 60 years old.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #10
Vorlon1
If it were me I might even cut a deal with them. Rather than them paying to ship the girl back and ship another male. I would try to get them to ship a male for 1/3 the total cost..... A male can breed with several females in the same year....

Use this to your advantage....