Info LLLReptile should be closed down (BuyerBeware) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #141
Lucille
Part of the problem is that the OP changes his demands. First he says that he would accept store credit plus mite medication, and when they agreed, he started pushing for more. Dealing with him is like trying to pick up a bead of mercury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post

I did offer that I
would be satisfied with in store credit in a previous email in which I was
willing to except, but the more I think about that offer, it really should not
even be an option considering the situation at hand and your response.
Quote:
All they are offering is in store credit. The right thing to do would be to either pay the vet bills or give me my money back that I paid for the snake. Not in store credit. That's what I am saying.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #142
Sara27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Part of the problem is that the OP changes his demands. First he says that he would accept store credit plus mite medication, and when they agreed, he started pushing for more. Dealing with him is like trying to pick up a bead of mercury.
I'm beginning to wonder if the one with reading comprehension problems is the OP. Perhaps he doesn't even understand that they have offered him credit for the snake + the shipping costs, and he doesn't have to return the animal to get that. He keeps saying that they are only offering him the purchase price of the snake without the shipping.

I also don't think he realizes that they have offered to send him mite killer/prevention too. He said he already had it, so for them to replace it rather than to just pay him for the bottle should be sufficient.

They literally have offered him exactly what he asked for.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #143
sidewinder107
At this point I give up and I could care less. Make your on choice about LLLreptile and Let the pictures speak for their self.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #144
MrTPlush
Really good advice here:

You better take whatever the offered you before they decide to give you nothing. Because at this point no one here is going to care if you get nothing. You declined their offer and as far as I am concerned they truly don't have to give you anything now that you declined what you were entitled to.

Feel free to keep complaining, but I would get the mite treatment and in store credit before it is too late.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #145
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Matter of fact, I believe Scott has publicly claimed that he really does not like this site, and the BOI in particular.
I believe Scott should show up here with an apology. This buyer showed up to dis LLL, his company, and it seems that BOI readers here who posted were precise, fair and have gone out of their way in some cases to say that LLL has in this instance backed up their sale and made a very decent offer, and that the OP's attempt to burn LLL is not called for.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #146
chkadii
Quote:
I Agree with you 100%. what I do not agree with was people saying I was being unreasonable. For the offers I made for a satisfied situation. I said i would be satisfied with a refund of the cost of the animal plus some mite treatment, or this vet bill paid for by your company, or in (store credit for the cost of the vet bill and some mite treatment for him). In this email it may sound unreasonable to some. But it is cheaper than the in store credit of the animal and shipping and might treatment they are offering me in my last email. Am I not right?? And I never demanded this stuff I throw up offers and they was only offering 2 options. send it back for a full refund or 199.99 store credit and some mite treatment. Yes if the animal in question dies I am out my vet bill no big deal I did my part for him.But I would still have the in store credit to buy another animal if he passed am I not right and if he don't die I would still have the in store credit. For my troubles and there mistake of sending me that snake in the first place is this not reasonable?? See guys I live on the east coast and they are on the west coast I did not get their email till after I took the animal to the vet. Yes I know their Policy but I did not want the animal in question to pass suddenly either he looked pretty rough when he got here. Not counting the stress from shipping. I wanted this animal in question and him only not some other animal breed they have available.
I think it might help if you looked at this from another angle. Forget what other people have said or the principle of the thing for now, just focus on the deal being made between you and LLL.

Okay, so you said you agree with my post, and I am assuming you also agree with the reasons why sellers wouldn't offer to pay vet bills for customers - because some procedures customers get are unnecessary. Am I correct?

In my example, which was expanded upon by Nick, we explained that the radiograph was probably unnecessary to determine a case of mouth rot. You had it done just in case, for the good of the animal, but in the end it didn't really make a difference as far as determining treatment for mouth rot. If the snake had had broken ribs or something along those lines, it would have been a different situation.

In your email to LLL Reptile, you stated that you would be happy with the cost of the vet bill in store credit, plus some mite treatment:
Quote:
I would be satisfied with a refund of the cost of the animal plus some mite treatment, or this vet bill paid for by your company, or in store credit for the cost of the vet bill and some mite treatment for him.
If you subtract the radiograph from the vet bill, the cost of the visit and the medicine comes out to $111.50. LLL Reptile is offering you $199.99 in addition to mite treatment. The $200 (give or take a penny) covers the necessary vet procedures AND most - if not all - of the shipping costs, which you didn't even ask for in this particular option. In addition to that, you ALSO get mite treatment, which you did request. They are essentially giving you one of the options you asked for, aside from paying for the radiograph. That seems like a very reasonable compromise to me, do you agree? I would accept that offer if I were in your shoes.

I have little reason to believe mouth rot and mites will kill this snake. The mouth rot wasn't advanced enough to be immediately apparent (like those poor snakes that can't even close their mouths), he's already being treated for it, and I have faith in you as a keeper to provide him with optimal conditions to heal in. You never said he looked rough in your emails to LLL Reptile, only that there was "something going on with his mouth", and you noticed a couple of mites. I understand it is unsettling to see any health problems in your animals, but again, LLL Reptile should not be expected to cover the buyer's decision to run extra tests. That is the price of being a good keeper. Their offer will compensate you for their mistakes - the mouth rot and the mites - so you are made whole as a customer.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #147
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkadii View Post
I think it might help if you looked at this from another angle. Forget what other people have said or the principle of the thing for now, just focus on the deal being made between you and LLL.

Okay, so you said you agree with my post, and I am assuming you also agree with the reasons why sellers wouldn't offer to pay vet bills for customers - because some procedures customers get are unnecessary. Am I correct?

In my example, which was expanded upon by Nick, we explained that the radiograph was probably unnecessary to determine a case of mouth rot. You had it done just in case, for the good of the animal, but in the end it didn't really make a difference as far as determining treatment for mouth rot. If the snake had had broken ribs or something along those lines, it would have been a different situation.

In your email to LLL Reptile, you stated that you would be happy with the cost of the vet bill in store credit, plus some mite treatment:

If you subtract the radiograph from the vet bill, the cost of the visit and the medicine comes out to $111.50. LLL Reptile is offering you $199.99 in addition to mite treatment. The $200 (give or take a penny) covers the necessary vet procedures AND most - if not all - of the shipping costs, which you didn't even ask for in this particular option. In addition to that, you ALSO get mite treatment, which you did request. They are essentially giving you one of the options you asked for, aside from paying for the radiograph. That seems like a very reasonable compromise to me, do you agree? I would accept that offer if I were in your shoes.

I have little reason to believe mouth rot and mites will kill this snake. The mouth rot wasn't advanced enough to be immediately apparent (like those poor snakes that can't even close their mouths), he's already being treated for it, and I have faith in you as a keeper to provide him with optimal conditions to heal in. You never said he looked rough in your emails to LLL Reptile, only that there was "something going on with his mouth", and you noticed a couple of mites. I understand it is unsettling to see any health problems in your animals, but again, LLL Reptile should not be expected to cover the buyer's decision to run extra tests. That is the price of being a good keeper. Their offer will compensate you for their mistakes - the mouth rot and the mites - so you are made whole as a customer.
Well said and as clear as can be written. Yet there's something askew with this whole transaction from the get go. Mouth rot *and* mites and nobody caught that during packing? Getting tired of hearing the same old bs about big timer's being too busy and mistakes happen. Too big and too busy to carefully inspect each animal before shipping?..maybe it's time to scale down, apparently you're overwhelmed. These mistakes turn, what would be a positive event into a money eating, time wasting BOI hell fest.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #148
sidewinder107
I agree the test was to rule out a broken jaw. But also look at it from my point a lot of people in here has flamed me there is very few normal reply's in here.People are even telling me the vet is no good.And they don't even know the story they are guessing. So lets get that squared away. I drove 2 hours to them.You see that snakes bottom jaw that's split. My first thought was a broken jaw. He told me he had mouth rot before that radiograph. I drove 2 hours just for that radiograph of that snakes mouth? I feel I did the right thing and I would do it all over again. I put this on here to show what I was dealing with from them and how far I should push this considering the condition of the snake I was sent. At first I was bashed pretty hard. And everyone keeps bringing up that I wanted them to pay the vet bills. Yes I did give that option I would be satisfied with, but I also made them 2 more offers besides that option in the same email. And they was not interested in what I had to offer only what they where offering. And yes I agree again on the no cash back, its in their policy plain as day. Just because I made a offer goes not mean I am going to get it. I am not stupid but since when is it a crime to suggest a offer I would be satisfied with. That contract was broke on both side's when they shipped the snake like that. I have bought snakes from some of the biggest names in the business and I would never bash them like this cause I would not have to. They would not send out a animal like that to begin with and I would not have to ask them to make it right most of the people I know would make it right. Bolivian Amarali are pretty hard to find only few are breeding them. I have been looking for months for a male all the big guys seem to have none available.That is the only reason I bought it. Other wise I would have went somewhere else to make this purchase. And stick to small supply's from lllreptile, for I know their reputation. But in my own opinion if they are going to send out animal's like this maybe they do need to be closed down on animal sales. And I will say it again, I have had no problems on anything else. Matter of fact they are very fast shippers with decent prices and good communication as you can see. But when does that over ride how their animals are treated. They might deal with thousands of orders, but how many of those orders are animals. Maybe if they spent a little less time on you tube and face book they could spend a little more time looking over their animals before they ship.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #149
Mistyck
Quote:
At this point I give up and I could care less. Make your on choice about LLLreptile and Let the pictures speak for their self.
Yes, you could care less which is why you still felt the need to argue with everyone.

Just finalize things up with LLL Reptile and then if you so choose, don't shop there again. I'm sure they couldn't care less if they lose another customer because 5-10 more will go to them in your place.

Which I'm not agreeing with, but they are a business and so long as they provide a service that people want to purchase from, they will continue to be in business. They have a right to refuse business to anyone, and if you choose to be a problematic customer, they have every right to refuse to do business with you, and take all options given to you off the table.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #150
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
Well said and as clear as can be written. Yet there's something askew with this whole transaction from the get go. Mouth rot *and* mites and nobody caught that during packing? Getting tired of hearing the same old bs about big timer's being too busy and mistakes happen. Too big and too busy to carefully inspect each animal before shipping?..maybe it's time to scale down, apparently you're overwhelmed. These mistakes turn, what would be a positive event into a money eating, time wasting BOI hell fest.
While I agree with you, should that be the case, one is assuming that the snake DOES in fact have mouth-rot.... I find it more likely that the snake struck while packaged and probably did some minor damage to his mouth that resulted in swelling. Of course, the vet established that it is mouth-rot with an X-RAY, so who am I to argu...[rolleyes]
~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!