Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #161
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Paulina, you are very right about that, most of the time its like a caught in the moment kind of thing. when you think about it a little bit later, it all seems real stupid and childish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
It's kind of funny how people that are older fight like 3 year olds. I get it at my age but when it's people in their 30's and 40's, it's ridiculous.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #162
Griz
Yet some people still can't help themselves even after time has elapsed. Go figure.

Griz

Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #163
monkeywrench133
I hadn't read this thread before this morning, but it had floated back to the top, and I just happen to start reading it.

Then I went all the way back to the beginning and read it all the way through.

Then I came back and reread it again, and again.

There's lots of interesting stuff in this thread.

People criticizing Rich for how he runs this site.
People criticizing others for becoming Benefactor members in a "quest for power".

Some really entertaining stuff.
Some really stupid stuff.

But at the beginning of all this stuff is a lie. Wes's original post, where he accuses Christopher66 of trying to ding him 3 times in 30 minutes. And then lots of insults. All based on how stupid Wes thinks Christopher66 is because he tried to ding Wes three times in 30 minutes. And lots of talk about how much Wes enjoys rubbing people's noses in their stupidity.

Then, in post #56 Rich proves that Wes is lying, because he shows that a mod can not ding anyone more than once a day.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&postcount=56

But nowhere in the following 106 posts, do I find an apology.

As disgusted as I am to admit it, I did find myself agreeing with Jim Flaherty

"Some amazing parallels today. We have a vindictive Matt Graybeal hoping against hope that a Dennis Hultman in AZ, who had a brush with a civil fine, is the same Fauna Dennis H. in CA, so that Matt can make his label of "scum" stick to Fauna Dennis.

Here, we have a ________ Wes hoping against hope that 3 PM's that he got about a warning were indicative of Chris 66 being in a ding frenzy aimed at Wes, and not Wes's mistake, so that Wes can make the labels of "hubris, stupid, fool" stick to 66.

While there are condemnations of Matt, and requests if not demands for apologies from him to Dennis, many are probably not surprised that there has been no apology there, and in fact more antagonism from him in related threads. Don't see too many requests for an apology here though, but that is probably to be expected .... huh ? Don't see an apology either. Takes character to apologize, and I guess neither 66 of Dennis should lose sleep expecting one."

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...4&postcount=66

Which makes this statement of Wes's even more ironic:
"I've always spoken up for what was wrong, be it a bad guy stealing from someone or the way people were treated by others here."

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...9&postcount=13

Now, I know that I'm going to get attacked for bringing this back up.
Attacked because Wes is in the middle of a three day suspension, and can't defend himself.
But he's had 4 MONTHS to apologize, how much more time does he need?

And then, when Wes is off the suspension, he'll attack and insult me personally, and accuse me of being someone other than me, for daring to ask why he hasn't apologized

The thing that really bothers me is this: In the last four months, why hasn't anyone else asked where the apology is?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #164
varnyard
Exactly Erin, that's why I no longer choose to be a Moderator here. There and some of the mods here are known scammers, some of the others have morals that lack, or just no class at all. I will not choose to call them my team members.

There are many other mods that are 100% awesome, but there are a few that are so called mods here are not what I want to call part of the team. I will not respect them, or turn my back from the truth. Rich's rules state that a Mod can not confront another Mod in a open forum, I am no longer an acting Mod. A spade is still a spade, bottom line!!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #165
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Exactly Erin, that's why I no longer choose to be a Moderator here. There and some of the mods here are known scammers, some of the others have morals that lack, or just no class at all. I will not choose to call them my team members.

There are many other mods that are 100% awesome, but there are a few that are so called mods here are not what I want to call part of the team. I will not respect them, or turn my back from the truth. Rich's rules state that a Mod can not confront another Mod in a open forum, I am no longer an acting Mod. A spade is still a spade, bottom line!!
Bobby,
I respect your decision, but have you given any thought to the fact that you could probably do more to raise the standard of the moderators as a mod than by quitting in protest? I ask this with all due respect as I thought that you were a good moderator.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #166
Griz
Doc, that's originally what I told Bobby. However, it has become perfectly clear that the mods are not going to be held to any real standard at all and that anyone can buy the priviledge. So, what fight a losing battle? It's just not worth the rep hit to Bobby.

Griz

Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #167
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Doc, that's originally what I told Bobby. However, it has become perfectly clear that the mods are not going to be held to any real standard at all and that anyone can buy the priviledge. So, what fight a losing battle? It's just not worth the rep hit to Bobby.

Griz
So I take it you are recommending that this site just become completely unmoderated? After all, why should ANY of us fight this losing battle?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #168
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Bobby,
I respect your decision, but have you given any thought to the fact that you could probably do more to raise the standard of the moderators as a mod than by quitting in protest? I ask this with all due respect as I thought that you were a good moderator.
I'm sure Bobby will correct me if I'm wrong here.....but I don't think his quitting as a mod had anything to do with "protest". It was more a question of not wanting to be included as a member of a questionable at best "team".

There are a few really great mods here, but the ones that aren't so great tarnish the general rep of them all, IMO. When known scammers and scum are allowed to be mods, it doesn't lend much credit to the group in general.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #169
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz

Griz
There are two paths that every one of us can take in life. On one hand, we could realize that each person is capable of making a difference, whether it be individually or as part of a collective effort. Yes, it can seem overly daunting sometimes, especially in a society where we've become spoiled by instant gratification and have tended to focus on the smaller, rather than the big, picture.

On the other hand, a person could just resign themselves to do-nothing defeatism. In the end, it's only the person of action that stands to accomplish something positive.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #170
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Erin what a great post, Wes sometimes thinks he is untouchable and crosses that imaginary line on a dailey basis. If you should dare give the great Wes a warning for any of his over the line adventures.....be prepared for his Buddys to hit your rep hard and rub your nose in it as they do that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!