Inquiry Anyone SELL to Kyle Schuett? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Susan S.
Anyone SELL to Kyle Schuett?

I found a thread from 2002-2003 regarding some problems people had buying from Kyle Schuett, but I have a different concern. Kyle purchased our best Gila recently. It was advertised with a clear digital picture of this thin-banded Heloderma. He asked for more pictures and another was taken and sent to him. We really feel it was one of the nicest we have seen or produced. He was given a reduced price because he stated he "would likely buy more from us and to hold off on the shipping so all could be shipped together". Kyle did not buy any more Gilas or anything else from us.

Kyle sent a postal money order and we waited until after holidays to ship. The Gila was shipped to Kyle via Delta Dash to Detroit (he lives in Toledo, Ohio). He first reported via email that it was a "no-show" but a quick call to Delta informed me that it had been picked up by Kyle. Then a call to Kyle and he asks me if this is the same Gila that was pictured. I was a little surprised and offered to send him the pictures again for comparison. The next morning an email from Kyle:

"Susan, let me know your return policy, this gila just doesn't impress me. ...Kyle"

Now I have never been asked to take back an animal because it doesn't impress the buyer! This is not WalMart........

Just wondering if anyone has ever sold to Kyle Schuett and had anything similar happen??

Thanks - Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles

Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Royal Morphz
What is your return policy and is it clearly laid out for the purchaser? If I'm aware of the Customers unhappiness in the first 24 hours I offer a refund minus shipping after the animal is returned on customers dime

Old 01-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Tuxus
As per:http://www.ssnakes.com/ssnakes_terms.html

Quote:
We will strive to gain your total satisfaction in what you have purchased from us. We would like to hear from you after you receive your new animal(s) and verify that you are happy with your purchase. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after receipt of the shipment, we will assume that you are completely satisfied with your purchase and our transaction is complete.

We guarantee our reptiles for 48 hours from the time you receive them if they are kept in appropriate conditions. If you are not happy, call us immediately (no later than 12 hours after receipt) to discuss return or exchange. You will be responsible for return shipping. Our reptiles are guaranteed to be healthy, feeding, and properly sexed.
A little confusing "If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after receipt of the shipment, we will assume that you are completely satisfied with your purchase and our transaction is complete." and "If you are not happy, call us immediately (no later than 12 hours after receipt) to discuss return or exchange" are a bit of a contradiction. Ultimately the return is up to you but I would do it just to rid myself of the guy and get the animal back, if it is as nice as you say then it seems worth it as you never know how people will care for something they do not want.

I do recommend making the return policy more clear though.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
Susan S.
Re: Mr. Schuett

Thanks Tuxus for the comments. What I mean by the 12 hour notification refers to any obvious problems. If there is a DOA or the shipment did not arrive, etc. The 48-hour notice serves to release me of further concern. I always ask anyone receiving live animals from me to please call or email me to confirm successful arrival and live animal. Sometimes, even though I have been promised a call or email, it never comes. So after 48 hours, I feel all must have gone well.

I advised Mr. Schuett to ship the animal back at his expense. I want 1-2 weeks to assess its health and insure there are no respiratory problems or parasites, etc. Once good health is acknowledged we will refund his money.

Here is a picture of the animal that was shipped to Kyle Schuett:
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Nagini
sorry to be off topic, but thats a beautiful Gila, i dont know what he would be upset about

Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Royal Morphz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan S. View Post
Thanks Tuxus for the comments. What I mean by the 12 hour notification refers to any obvious problems. If there is a DOA or the shipment did not arrive, etc. The 48-hour notice serves to release me of further concern. I always ask anyone receiving live animals from me to please call or email me to confirm successful arrival and live animal. Sometimes, even though I have been promised a call or email, it never comes. So after 48 hours, I feel all must have gone well.

I advised Mr. Schuett to ship the animal back at his expense. I want 1-2 weeks to assess its health and insure there are no respiratory problems or parasites, etc. Once good health is acknowledged we will refund his money.

Here is a picture of the animal that was shipped to Kyle Schuett:
Sounds to me your are handling this issue like the majority of this community would good job and I'm glad the Boi seems to have help you

Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
What a jerk. See the animal in pictures, ask for more pictures, and look at it some more. Decide that you want to GET IT, pay for it, and shipping. and then decide you dont want it after you get it?!?!..... Ill mark my list down to never sell to this guy! Thanks for the warning/inquiry!

Great Job on how you are handling things!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
viandy
That is a very nice looking gila! Some animals are hard to photograph but I don't think of gilas as being like that. They don't color up or down with stress, temps, etc, like beardeds, cresteds, and some others. Seems to me that you are handling this very professionally and going above and beyond to accommodate the situation.
Reading this makes me think that you are one of the "Good Guys"!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Tuxus
Quote:
Originally Posted by viandy View Post
That is a very nice looking gila! Some animals are hard to photograph but I don't think of gilas as being like that. They don't color up or down with stress, temps, etc, like beardeds, cresteds, and some others. Seems to me that you are handling this very professionally and going above and beyond to accommodate the situation.
Reading this makes me think that you are one of the "Good Guys"!
I was thinking that myself with Susan's last reply. I agree that Gila looks great. Keep us posted on how this goes Susan.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
Susan S.
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. I appreciate your taking the time to comment.

In more than six years selling online, I have never had anyone want to return an animal because it "did not impress" them. I think you should be serious about any purchase you make for animals online. It is stressful on animals to ship them and this poor Gila must endure a return trip from cold Detroit to Florida. I am hoping he will be in the same healthy state when he returns as he was when we shipped him.

Beware of this guy's name....I wouldn't be surprised if he did this again to others.

Thanks All =
Susan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!