Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #61
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
your attitude in the texts left a lot to be desired. You had a worried, confused customer asking for help, and you gave attitude, then decided you were just done with them. Someone who has gotten a snake from you and hasn't gotten it to eat since it left your care is going to be a little shaken up by the experience. Next time I suggest being a little more gentle with them to avoid creating a bad situation.
Quote:
this worries me as well...a snake looses 50% of its body weight in what....a month? two months at the most? (need to account for the time it took to gain it back...you only had her 6 months)

Why on earth did you not take this animal to the vet? nor disclose such a dramatic weight loss and increase!
Quote:
50% weight loss and regain in a 6 month period....if you did not disclose that information, you really should not be wondering why this thread is here....
Wow! lost 50%. I agree with all three posts. And it really is all about disclosure to the buyer which is why I brought up the post from the other thread. It was the thought process that it was OK not disclose problems to a buyer regardless of you think it is incidental. But dropping a thousand grams??

Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #62
Willow
I agree Tom, it sounds as if that animal is RIPE with internal parasites at the very least.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #63
Willow
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
Now you're throwing words out there. the snake was not sick! He saw the snake in person as well. Seeing as this is going no where I will have another breeder up here on this thread who saw the snake several times. It was healthy and eating in my care. he even said everything went great until he brought her own. His care. she left mine perfect.
I suggest whoever this breeder is that you will have come here and speak for you, no do what you request.

Anyone who claims a ball python that was eating roughly once a month and lost-regained 50% of its weight in under 6 months is a healthy animal, is not someone that ANYONE should be buying ball pythons from

Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #64
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
IMO, if a ball python is very active and "never stops moving" that is even more indicative that there may be an issue. It isn't normal behavior, at least in my experience.
Excellent point.

Extremely unusual behavior coupled with claims of devastating weight loss/miraculous weight gains, all adds up to one wonky scenario. This puzzle just doesn't seem to be piecing together like seller would need it to for her to be able to make statements, such as the following, with a straight face:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles
it was healthy and eating in my care. he even said everything went great until he brought her own. His care. she left mine perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles
seeing as this is going no where I will have another breeder up here on this thread who saw the snake several times
I'm also kind of curious about what you think you'd gain by this? How do you see a feeding issue by nothing more than visual inspection? If whoever saw the snake happened to view it either before the weight loss, or after it was gained back, it'd appear to be an ostensibly healthy animal. If you'd look at it now, it'd likely appear to be healthy. Can't really see intenal issues so well.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #65
sanguine_mercantile
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
Now you're throwing words out there. the snake was not sick!
Any creature that loses 50% body weight in a short time is sick. Unfortunately you cannot half-full/half-empty that sort of thing.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #66
Willow
Samantha you are reading again lol

care to explain exactly why you think this animal was healthy? because I can assure you, the rest of the ball python world does not agree with you in any way.

You have contradicted yourself, you have lied, and you have proven you have no care what so ever over your animals other then to ditch them to the first unsuspecting person when they show SEVERE signs of sickness.

YOU sold a SICK snake without disclosing its health....yet you refuse to understand that!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #67
leftycrane
I always think its funny that the people who say "I have a life outside of this thread" are the ones who are in the wrong and scrambling for a way to cover their…yeas.

Anyone who would sell an animal without disclosing the feeding issues, among other issues as well, and then turn around and say it was eating fine in my care (oh except for those 5 months where it didnt eat) is someone I want nothing to do with.

No amount of money is worth jeopardizing an animals well being.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #68
Willow
I agree Megan. Even if the feeding issues were disclosed, the seller admitted to not telling the buyer about the SEVERE weight loss and regain in such a short amount of time.

The animal gained back every gram, so why on earth would she disclose such health issues to an unsuspecting buyer?? (sarcasm lol)

Thats a Bad Guy in any respectable animal keepers book.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #69
A&S Reptiles
I just read it all. I have a smart phone so when the browser is left up it says I'm reading. You're saying the snake was sick when I sold her. Obviously not because he saw she was healthy enough to buy. I bought a savannah as a baby, got her and noticed on her feed card it said she had a twisted umbilicus. So that breeder should get a bad guy thread for not telling me that? No because the animal was healthy and eating. As was mine. she ate three times in a row without refusing. Then she gets to his house and doesn't eat a single thing. Yet this is my fault? I love fauna boi. I told him the snake was a sketch feeder and he forgot. Not my fault.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #70
Willow
Wow...This IS your fault...you told them it was a sketch feeder....NOT that it lost and regained 50% of its body weight in the 6 months you had the animal!!

If you feel the person who sold you an animal and didn't disclose that information to you deserves a Bad guy thread, then by all means, post up. That has NOTHING to do with this situation.

You obviously have no care about your animals or your reputation. You are STILL trying to say you did nothing wrong!! What the hell is wrong with you?? The animal lost 50% of its body weight, then regained it...MAGICALLY????

NO! it's SICK! you sold a SICK animal!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!