Bad Guy Bad Guy Danielle Susan Ruger - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:16 AM   #11
WebSlave
Retroactive abortion for these two teenage abominations seems fitting to me.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:09 AM   #12
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Retroactive abortion for these two teenage abominations seems fitting to me.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #13
Lucille
I predict a coached spin soon.

Right about now, there's a lot of pressure on the perps and their families. Mom and Dad are likely getting a lot of flak and questions, and while the perps may hang with the 'no ethics' crowd, they are right about now finding out how many young people their age treat critters with kindness and respect and they are likely subject to intense (and warranted) criticism from many around them.

Maybe the parents have lawyered them up by now, but they really only have two ways out:
They can show that somehow something happened where they weren't responsible (accidental ingestion of mind altering stuff, throwing parents under bus saying they had abused childhood).

Or they can be coached into a tearful apology, saying how sorry they were and that they realize it was wrong and will never happen again (all lies, but depending on how much cash the parents have and their political connections, well, you know how that goes.)

The spin. Watch for it.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
EmeraldBoid
So wait these gals were involved in the hobby and are keepers themselves? I know what they did, but I have not seen/read anything that says they were involved in the pet trade.

Hate to be the wet blanket, but assuming that we are talking about two young females, there will likely be a slap on the wrist, if that. Personally, I do not want them in jail, they need a few months at a ranch working with large animals...a few months of going to bed exhausted and bruised up (and not in the good way ). Before you know it they will never think of doing it again and they may have more of an appreciation for animals after they see what just domestic animals provide us with.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #15
Jt78
They need to be purified with fire all day

Old 07-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #16
Tortugas
This is a horrible and disgusting act. The girls and parents should be fully prosecuted, and given no "breaks". No matter if the tortoises are rare or common, or any animal for that matter cruelty should not be accepted or condoned in our society. I am really interested to see what comes out of this, and can only hope that this vile act prevents future abuse of animals.

I hope this haunts them for the rest of their days....

Bill Griffin

Old 07-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #17
JColt
I highly doubt the parents of these 2 had any thing to do with teaching them how to torture animals. Get 2 dumb asses together and dumb things can happen. One of the kids father talked to news reporter

Quote:
The father of one of the girls spoke to News4Jax Wednesday night about the video. The father, who did not want to be identified, said he didnt raise his daughter to do something like this, and he said he was outraged by the acts against the small tortoise. Theyre very remorseful for what they did, he said. Theyre gonna go through the court system and get it all figured out, OK. Whatever the court system hands down, thats what theyre gonna do. The teens father said his family received death threats because of the video the girls posted on Facebook. Thats sick to do what they did, he said. I didnt see it. I didnt see it on TV, and I dont care. I was there when they found the turtle. I was there when wildlife (came to the house and) talked for an hour. And they know that theres gonna be a court date coming up, and its all going to be handled. The father claims that his daughter will be punished and that hes trying to handle the fallout of whats now happening to his family. Theyre gonna catch the wrath of what happened, he said. The courts gonna handle it. I dont think all these damn threats that Im getting on Facebook and all that, Im not getting 'em. Theres no more Facebook in this house. Theres no more smartphones.
http://www.fox17.com/news/features/a...l#.U8rMvrE4d2w

Old 07-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
bwt501
How is this a relevant BOI subject?

Old 07-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
How is this a relevant BOI subject?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I absolutely would not sell this person any kind of critter whatsoever.
The BOI is a business forum, for transactions. Most of the time the transactions concern us financially, but sometimes the transactions, buying and selling, concern the safety of the critters. That is relevant. Unless, of course, you are in it solely for money and don't care who you give or sell critters to.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #20
bwt501
Do you really think that this individual would ever be a potential buyer? This topic was covered in the news section where it belongs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!