Info Evan Stahl - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #31
Morph72
The fact that they are babies means they could just as easily come from am imported gravid female. They would look the same...

Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #32
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph72 View Post

Now, with that being said, Evan...I DO believe these are CBB. However, me believing it, and me proving it are 2 different things.

Quote:
peace of mind.
So you don't really care about proof, do you. As long as you can fill in the blanks to make an easy sale. It was never about real proof, (because real proof unless you were there, is enormously difficult) it was about a customer who wiggled off the hook.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #33
meowmeowkazoo
Okay, I understand a little better now.

It's not a mindset I relate with necessarily, but I understand it.

I like my customers to be able to contact me directly about the animals I produce, so that I know the animals are doing well, and so that I know they're getting good information if they have an issue. I don't stop caring about the welfare of my animals after they are out of my hands, and I sleep better at night knowing that the people who buy my animals will contact me if something happens.

I don't appreciate the "Believe it or not some people breed what they want to because they enjoy it and not for the name recognition or potential financial gain" comment, implying that I only breed snakes for profit or some kind of pseudo-fame.

I will probably never wholesale my animals, but I understand the desire for anonymity if you are a wholesaler, and don't want to be responsible for the customer service after a person resells your animal. I'm sure if you produce hundreds of animals it wouldn't be realistic to handle every inquiry, question, or issue yourself.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
What I paid for them and what the market is on them are 2 different things. He has so much respect for this breeder that he guards with his life, yet so little respect for me that he would make mention to one of my potential customers what I paid for them when I send them his way. So, since he mentioned that, I can't steer anyone his way again.
I really have to have a small chuckle at your expense over this. You were so vehement that sellers should always give up the name of their suppliers, that there was never a reason to keep that info to one's self.

Yet here you are, saying that you now can't refer back to your supplier (Evan) because customers might find out that you flipped to them at a higher price and if they went to Evan direct they could get a better price, or they might find out exactly what kind of profit you were making on this deal.
Karma. It's so delicious.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #35
hhmoore
Quote:
Nope. Just a breeder to refer someone to...
Why is it so hard for you to accept that the breeder doesn't seem to want to deal with the hassles of selling to the public, including being contacted by 3rd and 4th buyers to give them "peace of mind". He is under no obligation to do so; and Evan is not obligated to divulge the information you seek.
These aren't ball pythons - they aren't farmed, and their isn't an influx of gravid adult females each year.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #36
Guy Castro
No way they are cbb,unless it's a one of a kind python that doesn't lay eggs.Anyone know of a woman that hatched a baby from her womb?

Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #37
Morph72
I'm glad I have Lucille here, taking everything I say out of context...lol. It's not about an easy sale. It's about looking more credible. I have less than 10 animals. I am not in this as a business. I trade cool stuff. It's fun to me...however, people taking everything I say out of context, when deep down, they really know exactly what I'm trying to say, makes it not so fun.

I think my point has been made, and I'm sure somewhere deep down inside you, you know exactly what I'm saying, but you would rather twist my words and make a spectacle of it, because it creates more attention.

Take care all of you.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
It's about looking more credible.
If you are implying that there is anything about an animal from Evan that is less than credible, I disagree with you. You yourself even said that you believed they were CBB,(or I guess CH) that you never doubted it.

Your customer fished around and gave you a hard time. Next time let it roll off your back.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #39
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
Okay, I understand a little better now.

It's not a mindset I relate with necessarily, but I understand it.

I like my customers to be able to contact me directly about the animals I produce, so that I know the animals are doing well, and so that I know they're getting good information if they have an issue. I don't stop caring about the welfare of my animals after they are out of my hands, and I sleep better at night knowing that the people who buy my animals will contact me if something happens.

I don't appreciate the "Believe it or not some people breed what they want to because they enjoy it and not for the name recognition or potential financial gain" comment, implying that I only breed snakes for profit or some kind of pseudo-fame.

I will probably never wholesale my animals, but I understand the desire for anonymity if you are a wholesaler, and don't want to be responsible for the customer service after a person resells your animal. I'm sure if you produce hundreds of animals it wouldn't be realistic to handle every inquiry, question, or issue yourself.
Sorry, I was coming up with reasons in general as to why people do, not taking a swing at you. I apologize for the way I worded that.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Sorry, I was coming up with reasons in general as to why people do, not taking a swing at you. I apologize for the way I worded that.
I cut a couple of paragraphs out before I posted as it was pretty redundant. Much like my whole post stating the same thing over and over again. There where a few lines that stated "In General" and "if anyone wants to know more reasons" would have made it a little more broader as a general statement.

Poorly thought out and I'm sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!