Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #61
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Everyone is guessing at prices.

The male black pastel was $250.00

a similar size female is worth $600.00 if you can find one.

If it is not the sex she bought I want it back and I will send her the male she paid for. and of course I will cover the shipping costs.
Ed,

Did Nicole send you the Vet invoices and proof that the vet probed it as a female??? I'm curious about that.

Sorry for my first post being so totally bloody confusing. Good freaking lord.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #62
spyder79
actually the OP said that the Vet did not probe the snake. The vet judged the sex off of scales. Ill find the post real quick and quote it cause i do not remember exactly how it was worded.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #63
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
I guess I care about the welfare of the animals MORE than you do.

I always check the temps on the receiving end or even at the hub which for me is usually Atlanta. These snakes should not have been shipped with these temps on both ends.
Ever think that he might have shipped in this weather in spite of "knowing better" to COVER the fact that the snake already had an R.I. (that would also cover the missex issue) Just wanted to get the sick snake out of his collection and hopefully some sap would take it to the vet?

By shipping this way and claiming he did what the buyer wanted although he did know better..he dodges a bullet when people attibute the illness to the weather...

Just saying

Old 01-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #64
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
O, you misunderstand me. I simply was stating that was what Ed has offered on the table and he's seems to be stickin' with it. As far as more in vet bills then the cost of the snake, I don't think so. Not if it is in fact a female.

It's a tough call.
Thanks for correcting me and your right... its a tough call.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #65
spyder79
found it post number 15
Quote:
And again he says IF the animal is missexed. There is no IF I gave him documentation from the veterinarian. The phone number is on the receipts. You may call him an inquire, this is most definately a female. 3 subcaudal scales, no more.
That is how the vet diagnosed the sex issue.

now i do not know if snakes are like dragons but with bearded dragons some people rely on preanal pours to determine sex which can give a false reading on sex. i wonder if this would not be the same possibility in snakes.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #66
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
actually the OP said that the Vet did not probe the snake. The vet judged the sex off of scales. Ill find the post real quick and quote it cause i do not remember exactly how it was worded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticreptiles View Post

At the second visit it was discovered that this snake was a FEMALE and not a Male. As mentioned above I was looking to purchase a male to breed with my female and this female was not what I had thought I purchased. This was confirmed by a reptile vet via probing.

I notified Mr. Clark of this on 1/14/09, also sending him receipts and a copy of the records indicating the snake is a female.
Here is her quote.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #67
spyder79
Then that would mean she contradicted herself. as there was no mention of probing in the post i quoted.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #68
TailsWithScales
Whoops.

That was taken from her first post.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #69
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsWithScales View Post
Whoops.

That was taken from her first post.

hmmm so i wonder which one it is did the vet probe it or did the vet determine sex from scales. I hate when people get their story confused on the boi lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #70
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
Then that would mean she contradicted herself. as there was no mention of probing in the post i quoted.
Quote:
And again he says IF the animal is missexed. There is no IF I gave him documentation from the veterinarian. The phone number is on the receipts. You may call him an inquire, this is most definately a female. 3 subcaudal scales, no more.
As far as I know counting the scales when probing is how you know. How deep the probe goes. So by Nicole saying "3 subcaudal scales" that means the probe only went in 3 subcaudal scales which makes it a female.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog