Is This a Good Idea? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-30-2004, 06:26 PM   #21
Lonermon
the difference between having found a store willing to board my snake and finind someone that is willing to spend the time to help me in training is the difference between what you think you know and what is really going on . and if you for a minute think im gonna give you the name of either where i have my snake boarded or where im gettign training ,your well out of your head . you might wanna take a step back into your own life and not delve so deeply into mine .

Old 12-30-2004, 06:36 PM   #22
Lonermon
[quote=Mustangrde1]Interesting how you state that you are looking to be trained, It strikes me as very strange that if as you say and So why would you be asking for trainning if it is with a licensed keeper?

the reality is that there are places that offer boardign of venemous snakes that do not offer training . the whole reason that i want to get the training is so that i can legally own and possess venemous snakes . well thats not the truth . thats the largest part of the reason , another important part is i only know what i have read and from personal experience of having grown up handling snakes . i want to learn more from othjers that have more formal or specific training . i neither have the time nor money to go back to school , but i am willing to volenteer my time to learn what i want and get my venemous license .

now at this point i think i have answered any legitimate questions . to persue this any further would be an intrusion into my personal life or merely insults . and as I dont feel the necessity of giving you or anyone else personal information and im not inclined to get into insults i wont adress any further comments on this subject .

Old 12-30-2004, 07:41 PM   #23
Gregg M
Here is a legit question..... How can you justify freehandling a mocc.... And who told you they can not kill you...... There is a person that fequents thes forums that can tell you differently...... Infact he owns one that killed a person.... So you held the mocc in your hands to show off its colors???? I keep gaboons and never felt the need to hold them in my hands to show coloration..... That is just about the stupidest thing I have read yet..... And yes people like you do bad things for this hobby including getting it banned..... You will get bitten one day but I guess that is natures way of getting rid of bad genetics..... Too bad it impacts our hobby so much when some dummy gets bitten......

Old 12-30-2004, 09:18 PM   #24
reptilebreeder
I just hope the person who decided to train him knows that he freehandles venomous herps. Not because of machismo, of course, we all know that color shows better when subject is in hand, and not on some background that would highlight colors, but I digress. I would not want someone around my herps who was into freehandling, even if they say they won't, because you can't keep your eye on them the whole time, and the urge would be to great. Maybe he has found someone who is also into freehandling, there are people who do it, even some that are labled, arguably as experts.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:28 PM   #25
Lonermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I just hope the person who decided to train him knows that he freehandles venomous herps. Not because of machismo, of course, we all know that color shows better when subject is in hand, and not on some background that would highlight colors, but I digress. I would not want someone around my herps who was into freehandling, even if they say they won't, because you can't keep your eye on them the whole time, and the urge would be to great. Maybe he has found someone who is also into freehandling, there are people who do it, even some that are labled, arguably as experts.
the URGE ? you make me laugh .i swaer you all think your a bunch of psychics and detectives . and i have no intentions of freehandling any of the snakes that i will be workign with .primarily because i would not want to endanger the training that i am so glad to be gettign , then theres the fact that i would never want to put them through the hassle if somethign did happen . then there's the fact that i dont know anythign about the temperment of the snakes that i will be workign with . and of course th fact hat i sure as heck dont wanna get bit . so before anyone else tries to GUESS casue thats all they are , and there bad guesses at that . my motivation or thoughs for ANYTHING i do , dont do it . if you dont knwo me , and none of you do . you are in no position to try and analise me .give it a rest your gettign boring :scatter:

Old 12-31-2004, 10:01 PM   #26
Lonermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Here is a legit question..... How can you justify freehandling a mocc.... And who told you they can not kill you...... There is a person that fequents thes forums that can tell you differently...... Infact he owns one that killed a person.... So you held the mocc in your hands to show off its colors???? I keep gaboons and never felt the need to hold them in my hands to show coloration..... That is just about the stupidest thing I have read yet..... And yes people like you do bad things for this hobby including getting it banned..... You will get bitten one day but I guess that is natures way of getting rid of bad genetics..... Too bad it impacts our hobby so much when some dummy gets bitten......

justify ? i dont attempt or feel necessary to jsutify anythign . i merely explain . as for them not beign able to kill , well i simply refer to statistics for that information . as for why the picture was taken with me holding her well , it wasnt possible to get a good shot at her inside the cage and as far as other backgrounds i would never let my snake out of my hands ( or hooks ) when its outside the cage . without settign it down somewhere , which i had no intention of doing around someoen that deosnt handle snakes , there wasnt really a good backdrop .im not a breeder or a seller that has a setup already made for pictures im merely a guy that catches and raises snakes . i wont allow a flash to be used when im holding a snake so i had to be nearer to the light source .and i guess it was foolish of me to think that people would appreciate the opportunity to see a snake that they might otherwise not have . but ALL ive gotten is bs from peopel trying to tell me what i think and having all kinds accusations from me being stupid ( with an iq of 189 ?) to how im breakign the law ( when in fact the snake is with a licensed handler) . and as for the dummies that get bit well i cant really comment on them , becasue im not amung them . not once by a hot snake in probably 15 years of catching in the wild . ive removed the "offending" picture and still i have to deal with this crap . hey i got an idea . lets take everyone that has or has ever had a venemous snake ,licensed or no,t and trace it back . can you tell me beyond a shadow of a doubt that every snake youve ever bought or sold has not ever been "freehandled" . if youve ever bought or sold a snake that was cought in the wild and you havent verified that that snake was never free handled then i accuse you , buy actually paying money for that snake ( money being a far greater influence than a picture ) of puttign others at risk than i have with my picture. of course if youve only bought from reliable breeders and had them sign an notorized afadavid that they have never and will never "freehandle " snakes , then consider yourself exempt and free of any blame whatsoever . untill that point look to thyself before castign blame on others .

Old 12-31-2004, 10:15 PM   #27
Traci1
Lonermon, I don't keep venomous (closest thin I have is a western hognose!) but you have to realize that posting a picture like that w/o any type of explanation is going to get quite a negative reaction from most people. What if someone posted a picture of themselves pointing a gun at or holding a knife to their head, hand, foot, etc...and then the only comment they add to the picture is how nice the weapon looks and how long they've had it in their collection. Maybe that's a bad comparison. I don't keep venomous nor do I collect weapons so maybe I should just be quiet! haha. But I'm just trying to help you understand maybe why your picture got the reaction it did. And it is true that when people are not careful about the animals they keep and they or someone else gets hurt or killed...it does make the news and it does affect everyone else's freedom to keep similar animals. It's just not fair to those who are responsible keepers/owners. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:37 PM   #28
Lonermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci1
Lonermon, I don't keep venomous (closest thin I have is a western hognose!) but you have to realize that posting a picture like that w/o any type of explanation is going to get quite a negative reaction from most people. What if someone posted a picture of themselves pointing a gun at or holding a knife to their head, hand, foot, etc...and then the only comment they add to the picture is how nice the weapon looks and how long they've had it in their collection. Maybe that's a bad comparison. I don't keep venomous nor do I collect weapons so maybe I should just be quiet! haha. But I'm just trying to help you understand maybe why your picture got the reaction it did. And it is true that when people are not careful about the animals they keep and they or someone else gets hurt or killed...it does make the news and it does affect everyone else's freedom to keep similar animals. It's just not fair to those who are responsible keepers/owners. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
no you have every right to comment and i appreciate that you kept your comments on a realistic plane and didnt attempt to second guess me or throw accusatiosn at me . in retrospect i see your point .but like i had previously stated , i didnt post the picture to encourage others to freehandle snakes, but rather to give peope a chance to see a variety of snake they otherwise migh not get to . to be honest i dont think anyone that saw the [picture will decide to go out and catch or buy a venemous snake , freehandle it ,get bit , die , and suddenly there be a ban on snakes . but yet thats basically what im being accused of . by peopel that themselves have more than likely ,unless they can provide the documentation that i earlier mentioned , had a much greater influence than i on others freehandling snakes . in fact if im correct there were only 16 people that viewed the picture before i removed it . of course i dont know how many peopel saw it in this thread , im not even sure weither it was pasted or the link listed in the original post .

jsut a quick note . Steve Irwin and at least one of his assistants have been bitten on national tv by snakes far more dangerous than any i have ever or probably will ever handle .as tv might possible have a broader impact than the 16 or so people that viewed my picture maybe you ( not you personally , but those that have chosen to get on my case) would be better suited to starting a thread against him . :scatter:

Old 01-01-2005, 05:04 AM   #29
Gregg M
See now, I do not see the logic in any of your post...... And for someone that claims to have a 189 IQ you have some pretty poor spelling..... Plus free handling hots and photographing it is just about the stupidest thing one can do...... But that is beside the point..... You would have been much better off posting a pic of that snake in its cage..... You do not bring the snake to the light source..... You bring the light to the snake..... I do not use a flash on my snakes when I photograph them either..... I use lighting...... Lame excuses...... I think you were actually trying to show people here that you have balls......

The big majority of hot keepers do not free handle their hots...... There are a very very small number of people that do..... And if you must know, I only buy animals from the best in the hobby that have the same veiws on how these animals should be respected as I do...... It is great that you wanted to show everyone your snake but it is nothing unusual..... Infact most neonate cottons look exactly like that...... Like I said the picture would have been much more welcome if it was not in your hands..... There is absolutly no good reason to free handle a hot...... Even medicating or force feeding a sick one can be done without beig so exposed to it...... No matter how you slice it your acts and reasoning are beyond dumb and do no good for this hobby that is slowly being taken away from us..... People like you just speed up the banning actually......

Old 01-01-2005, 05:11 AM   #30
Seamus Haley
Ehh... he mentioned Irwin as some kind of positive and took photographs of himself freehandling. The guy is clearly a moron. End of story. No debate. I have spoken.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!