Ron Sibley/Sibley Reptiles- Indiana/Chicago - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
djmidkiff
Ron Sibley/Sibley Reptiles- Indiana/Chicago

I am just wondering if anyone has current dealings with this guy. I met him about couple years ago at the Taylor, MI reptile show. I saw him and talked to him extensively EVERY month for over a year... so I thought I could trust him to help me sell some baby Peach Throat Monitors. The agreement was that he would get to keep anything over the amount I was asking, in turn for taking them around to all the shows he'd be attending that next month.

Needless to say... he never came back to Taylor, MI.
We would talk on the phone numerous times over the next several months, and he always had stories about the babies (eating, etc), people interested, and excuses for not being at the show.

Eventually I had the director of the Taylor show contacting him, and some people checking into him around Chicago shows... and he disconnected that number. I had even been accepted on Judge Judy until the number was disconnected!

I was a young, inexperienced GIRL... so he took advantage of that. It's been like 2 years... but I'm still pissed, still bitter... and especially STILL WANT WHAT'S OWED TO ME!!!

If anyone can give me advice, help me in ANY way... please let me know!

Old 12-08-2007, 04:48 AM   #2
LakesideBoas
You poor thing...

The only advice I can give you is don't ever trust Ron Sibley. He is a snake oil salesman, a used car dealer and a skinflint at heart. If he percieves a weakness he will exploit it.

I do not know where he is right now as I haven't dealt with him in years. His business was Sibley's Creepy Crawlers, I believe. I think he lived in either Westville or Michigan City. (They are quite close to each other)

Since it's been two years you most likely have no recourse legally and you'll only give yourself ulcers if you let that slimey leftover from the primordial ooze get you in a tizzy.

If you can post the number that you had I could let you know what city it was issued from.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:26 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
Sorry he did that to you.
Try contacting Nancy who promotes the Valaparaiso, In. show, she should have contact info. as he used to do that show every month (he may still do the show, but I have not been there in a while).
Nancy lizardlady@prodigy.net
Good luck.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
beardiesrule
I have heard that he still does valpo show...why call nancy just show up there and surprise him see if you can get him to fast talk his way out of screwin' you over as he is a fast talker and bad for the rep business. He used to do the Indy show alot until I think he realized no one wanted his BS there and he couldn't make any $$$ there with his fast talkin' line of BS...=(

Old 12-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
joepythons
info

I looked at the Wheaton Illinois shows list of vendors and his name is not on it.I know he used to go to the Streamwood show(is now the wheaton show) and maybe someone could help you find him.Good luck

Old 12-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
LakesideBoas
I think...

I might have located him for you:

<H3 class="fn n">Ronald Sibley

11199 W State Rd 421

Westville, IN 46391

(219) 785-8155

</H3>
This is the current information for WhitePages.com. They are usually fairly accurate.

Hope this helps you.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
lds2
Sibley is a guy you can trust just about as far as you can throw him. He did work the Valpo show in October but there are no shows scheduled until January.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
collisonzoo
I agree that Ron Sibley is not a person to be trusted. He does the Valpo show almost every month. The show is the last Saturday of the month, and the next one is in January. If you want to find him, the best bet would be to show in Valpo and confront him in person. I doubt he would answer any phone calls or letters. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't do any other shows anymore.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #9
Chandler Reptiles
If he is avoiding you then you are going to have to hunt him down and corner him in person...

He lives/lived in westville so the addy is probably right but I doubt the phone is....

Good Luck!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
MouhotiiFan
I wish I would have known about this earlier. Send me a message @ valpoexotics@comcast.net. I live less than a mile from the Valpo Show, and can drive you to his house.

Steve Rozhon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!