Kinked tail or not? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #1
snared99
Kinked tail or not?

Ok guys kinked tail, deli cup accident, or bad pic..lol This goes with the post bad business deal post, i do appologize for posting that in the wrong forum. And to make up for it i have a pic to please the eyes below the tail pic.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2005, 02:40 AM   #2
Gekkonida
Tough to tell from that pic because of the size, however when I blew the pic up in adobe it sure looked like it was kinked. Bummer!

Old 09-22-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
Sarah H
Looks kinked but a better pic would be good. It looks like you would be able to tell from the pic you saw before you bought her though.
Do you still have the pic they sent you before?

Old 09-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #4
South Dixie Dragons
Pat,
Could you post another pic of the tail? It is hard to tell.. but from what I see, that looks kinked to me!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #5
snared99
I will take a better pic tonight. But the pic he sent me you couldnt tell.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
aliceinwl
Looks kinked to me, but a better pic would be great. If the seller is claiming that the kink occurred during shippment / packing just before it got to you, I'd be very suspicious unless there was some kind of break / trauma to the skin too.

-Alice

Old 09-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
It does look kinked in the pic, though it does not look kinked on the ad on the sellers site.

It also does NOT look like a deli cup kink since it is pointing straight up, it looks more like a sibling bite to the end of the tail that was not enough to make her drop the tail but possible enough to kink it slightly.

I have 2 that I caught the tip of the tail in and still beat myself up over it but it is the humid hide that is a deli cup, they both ran in and slug the tail over just as I snapped the lid back on and their kinks are a definite shape of a cup to lid being placed on kink if that makes sense at all.

More pics that are larger would help.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:29 AM   #8
DiabloBoa
it wasnt that long ago that someone recieved a kinked tail (from someone on the forums i think) that wasnt there before shipping. nobody was trying to cheat anyone or anything and (i think) the problem corrected itself and was attributed to stress from shipping. the pic i recall was really bent and i doubt from being caught in the lid.

im just adding cuz it may be on the up and up and this was just an unfortunate "freak" occourance.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #9
Sarah H
I have caught a few tail tips while closing racks, and once with the deli cup. There was no break in the skin, but there was a kink afterwords. Once it went almost nearly away but you could still sort of feel it. When housed with clutchmates it can happen from a nip as well.

I would try to get more pics from the seller, since it looks pretty obvious in your pic, it may have been an accident it isn't visable in any of there pics of her.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
neatochickens27
kinker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!