Reptster Shipping - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #171
bsharrah
Anyone know whats up with the free boxes, or lack there of? I was under the impression that the free boxes was part of the agreement between Fedex and Repster. If that no longer exists, what other parts of the agreement are open to change?

Bart

Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #172
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
Anyone know whats up with the free boxes, or lack there of? I was under the impression that the free boxes was part of the agreement between Fedex and Repster. If that no longer exists, what other parts of the agreement are open to change?
The boxes weren't coming from FedEx, they were coming from Superior. I imagine they stopped the free box thing because people were ordering boxes and then not using them with Repster shipments.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #173
WingedWolf
That's exactly what happened, from what I've read from them--some people decided to take advantage of the system and ruin it for everyone else. Reptster was losing a ton of money on the boxes. This is a perfectly fair solution--we get a bigger shipping discount, and we were paying for our own boxes before Reptster anyhow. You can now buy the boxes and other supplies right on Reptster's website, and they're quite fairly priced!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 AM   #174
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
You have to buy the boxes at a couple dollars a piece but when you ship instead of saving around 20% you now will save around 40% which even with the price of the box you save more than you did when you got the box for free.
(This is just a comment on the above, not a response to BSharrah's question)
I used my own box, and my savings was about 30% on the package that went out today

Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #175
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
The boxes weren't coming from FedEx, they were coming from Superior. I imagine they stopped the free box thing because people were ordering boxes and then not using them with Repster shipments.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Bart

Old 08-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #176
SPJ
Now I am having issues. I was on earlier and all was good. I went back just now and I was no longer logged on and when I went to log in, I got a message that my userid was not valid.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #177
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Now I am having issues. I was on earlier and all was good. I went back just now and I was no longer logged on and when I went to log in, I got a message that my userid was not valid.
I've had this same issue numerous times. I even had David Young reset my account once and it still does it to me. I finally gave up trying.....

Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #178
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
(This is just a comment on the above, not a response to BSharrah's question)
I used my own box, and my savings was about 30% on the package that went out today
Just posted what they had said on their site.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #179
WingedWolf
2 problem-free shipments via Reptster so far, and counting.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #180
WebSlave
Arrow

I was tempted to just remove this thread because of an unfortunate display of animosity towards the members on this site by a certain individual, but instead perhaps it is best if I just provide a link to the thead where that takes place -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=117299

That way anyone reading this thread can make their own decisions about what to make of that situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster