Who makes the best Cages? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
Chris Kelly
Who makes the best Cages?

Who makes the best cages for multi-use?
Cages must come in a variety of sizes. Must be usable with a variety of heating devices (heat lights, heat pads, UV lights, ect.)

Can be made of plastics or wood products.

Must be stackable.

Must LAST!!!!

For use with lizards they must have glass doors as acrylic doors scratch too easily.

Chris Kelly

Old 01-15-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
markwebb
BARRS

I shopped for cages for a month. I finally invested in BARRS cages. They are light, made to stack (space underneath for air so they can be heated from below), available in many sizes and configurations/venting options, made very well, and very inexpensive.

I just received my first 4 cages from Doug Barr. I ordered on a Sunday and cages arrived by Wednesday same week.

Their customer service is also excellent.

I think there are other very good cages out there - Boaphile seems to be the best overall quality but much more expensive. Moonstruck also looks real good, but again more expensive that BARRS. I have a Boaphile rack - only problem with it is lower trays do not get as warm as upper racks. Jason's Jungle seems to have best racks now and are engineered to heat lower rack equally well. Jason also has excellent customer service.

Overall - BARRS is the best cage for non-venomous reptiles. Jason's Jungle is best rack.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:05 AM   #3
rhacoholic83
BARRS, is not good for his use

Hey Chris,

This is Simon, I was the guy trying to get the Coastal Carpet pair from you last month, but I ended up getting the Larry Black Female Jungle Carpet.

As for BARRS, though they are excellent cages, I don't think they would work well for you with lizards since the doors are acrylic. Same for the Boaphile cages, and also the Animal Plastic cages, all of these use Acrylic doors. Maybe the best choice is Vision. Some advantages for you going with Visions is that they are in So Cal, and they do have glass doors and are stackable.

If you can deal with acrylic doors, I have boaphiles and they're great. I also have an Animal Plastics Rack, and I have heard nothing but good reviews about their cages too.

I think Neodesha is now starting to make cages again. Someone else took over the company and they are now offering these stacking cages.

http://www.neodeshacages.com/48-nesting.php

Maybe these are what you're looking for. I was a big fan of Neodeshas, just not the slanted ones, since I didn't want to have to buy a rack to stack them. Talk to you soon.

Simon Lin

Old 01-19-2004, 07:20 AM   #4
MGReptiles
Animal Plastics has some awsome cages, and just about the best customer service in the biz.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!