Having a bad day rant. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Ginger Ambrose
Unhappy Having a bad day rant.

I have had "one of those days"
I am trying to figure out when life changed. I was always taught and try to follow "treat others as you wish to be treated."
All I hear lately is "Why are you doing that? No one would do it for you."
Or "No body did that for you, why do it for them?"
Is it now a BAD thing to do something for another human being without expecting anything in return other than the feeling in your heart?

Am I a SAP ? One of the nicer things I have been called lately. A dumbass?
I have no clue when it became a questionable action to be nice simply because somebody needed to smile.

If I have some thing or can do something for someone that needs it or may just need to have their day brightend is that so wrong? Is it a stupid thing.
Why, is it considered odd to actually care about people in general.

I can not just stop feeling the way I do, I "need" to try to make people I encounter have a better day. Even if it is just a smile they may not have felt like when they walked in. For me to make them smile even when they are having a bad day is a reward.

Having several folks tell me that I am wasting my time, and why do I bother, Because the person or persons would not do the same for me.
Drives me crazy.......IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR ME. In fact I would rather they not.

Okay I have vented....... I guess I am losing it. LOL

Old 11-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Wilomn
I don't know if it's the moon being full or what but, I too have had a pretty crappy day and nothing really happened.

Do what you think and don't worry what anyone else says.

I'll also let you in on a secret. IF you do these things in secret, no one can say squat about it. I'm NOT saying you do it for recognition or anything like that, it's just that people like to chime in.

IF you feel good doing it, that is enough.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
Ginger Ambrose
It has acutally been a case of doing something for a family member and another family member saying WHY? Could not be secret as I "usually try to"
But have had it happen in so many diffrent areas lately.
I re-upholstered some chairs for a friend and did not really charge and was actually asked if I was charging and how much? How rude!
I think if I enjoy the "work" then why charge.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Wilomn
Some people, NOT me but, most likely you, are farrrrrrrr too nice for their own good.

It does make a difference though.

I've also noticed that those doing the complaining are often the ones who give least of themselves.

Like dead leaves dancing on a windy day, appreciate the humor the flapping of thier lips creates and then, as quickly as you can, forget all about them.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
Lucille
(((((Ginger))))))))

Ginger, honestly, I wish there were more people like you. You are a ray of sunshine. Don't change.

If you like doing good stuff for people, that is a blessing.

If you are doing something for a living and love it, it is still OK to get paid. But if you do something as a gift for someone and enjoy it, that's a beautiful thing.

Ginger, be yourself, because yourself is a terrific person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!